Copywriter/marketing Assistant 🔥
Pickleball Central was founded in 2006 and quickly transitioned from a small business to the leading provider of equipment within the pickleball industry. We work closely with major manufacturers, influential organizations like USA Pickleball and local clubs, to not only provide customers with the best selection of products, but to support the development of the game overall. Pickleball has been deemed the fastest growing sport in America and we've risen to meet the soaring demand. As a company our primary goal is to exceed customers' expectations, and this can be seen in the rave reviews we receive and our sterling reputation. We value employees who can think creatively while maintaining our high standards to help customers get the most out of this enjoyable, growing and inclusive sport.
PickleballCentral is seeking a copywriter to create product descriptions for use across several eCommerce properties. We work with many of the largest pickleball equipment companies in the industry and need a talented and versatile wordsmith to concisely describe the best qualities of everything from paddles to net systems, pickleballs, apparel, sports accessories and more. This can be a remote position.
You will produce engaging copy that enhances our customer experience and helps to drive engagement, traffic and conversion.
You will also contribute to the development of other marketing materials including writing and editing blog posts, writing copy for social media content, email newsletters, and Amazon listings. Familiarity with both short and long-form content is required, and the ability to creatively and quickly write and edit content, keeping it relevant and fresh.
You will collaborate with our team of product, merchandising and marketing experts to help keep our production pipelines running smoothly. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, self-directed and enthusiastic, with a proven track record of managing multiple projects and varying deadlines.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE & DESIRED QUALITIES
- 3+ years relevant copywriting and eCommerce experience
- College degree in English, Journalism or equivalent preferred.
- Highly functioning within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Autonomous and self-motivated while also being a collaborative and reliable team member
- Friendly attitude: In addition to working with the Pickleball Central team, you may be asked to interview manufacturers, tournament organizers and other industry professionals to develop engaging content for our customers.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following tools: Volusion, Big Commerce or other eCommerce platforms, Wordpress, Amazon SellerCentral, Microsoft Office Suite, project management and email automation software
- Quick learner: We have a tight and agile team that allows us to keep up with the rapidly changing online market and technologies. Adaptability and an eagerness to learn new systems helps us improve our workflow.
- Versatility: Pickleball is a fast-growing sport and we have successfully introduced the game to many demographics across various platforms. You will often need to repurpose content you've written to target different customers while keeping it fresh and engaging.
- Passion for pickleball: You will be working with the largest pickleball company in the world, so a love for the sport is a big plus! You will need to write from a player's perspective and develop an understanding of industry lingo. If you're new, we'll be happy to acquaint you with the game.
Pickleball Central is an equal opportunity employer
To provide a safe work environment for our employees and their families, our in-person customers, and the community at large, we require employees to obtain the COVID Vaccine with accommodations for those with a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief that prohibits them from receiving the vaccine.