Marketing/social Media Coordinator 🔥
Manages Albany Humane Society’s (AHS) marketing and communications to promote and engage the community in our mission and vision. This position reports to the Executive Director.
This position allows for the opportunity to work remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and manages marketing and communications plan for organizational activities
- Oversees and executes marketing efforts including print and social media, email marketing, newsletters and annual report design and distribution
- Oversees creation and distribution of print materials such as press releases, print advertising and promotional posters/flyers.
- Manages AHS website content to include adding/removing and training new users
- Oversees AHS website functionality including renewal of domain name and security certificates. Works with IT support vendor to troubleshoot functionality issues.
- Coordinates and manages crowd-funding campaigns
- Manages volunteers that support the functions of marketing and communications
- Photographs and videos animals.
- Creates Facebook, Instagram and TikTok content.
- Handle media interviews
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, experience in marketing a plus.
- Demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills to include managing volunteers and building alliances with vendors and volunteers
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent communication and phone speaking skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; ability to meet deadlines; ability to set and accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to speak to the Press with confidence
- Animal shelter environment
- Potential exposure to high noise levels and zoonotic diseases
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Frequent use of computer and telephone
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Flexible schedule
- Self-determined schedule
- Bonus pay
We require our employees to wear a face mask while indoors, or when unable to socially distance.
Work Location: One location