Content Strategist 🔥
Hello from Tallwave! We're a customer experience design company partnering with change agents at the world's most ambitious companies to create the experiences of the future. This includes developing new products, services, and business models that deliver amazing value and sustainable growth for their customers and employees.
Our content team is essential in the creation of strategy, planning, and execution for our clients and we are looking for a Content Strategist to join us. This position will report to the Content Manager and is responsible for developing content strategy for clients based on business objectives and end users' needs. In this role, you will oversee content requirements and create content deliverables across a project life cycle. This may include brand messaging, content audits (qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts), and writing the content itself.
In this role, you will:
- Define content strategy and comprehensive roadmaps for clients that address the information needs of multiple personas across the buyer's journey
- Create compelling content to support a variety of marketing initiatives based on key themes, messages, and different buyer personas in all stages of the marketing funnel
- Collaborate heavily with other departments and teams to create compelling content for product, email, social media, websites, marketing materials, and more
- Collaborate with the SEO team to ensure written content is both findable and usable
- Create and maintain editorial calendars and style guides
- Assist in the creation of foundational brand messaging platforms and guidelines for clients
- Assist in establishing workflows and best practices for creating, editing, publishing, optimizing and retiring content
- Conduct competitive messaging research and analysis
- Ensure all content is on-message and on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice
- Measure content effectiveness and make data-driven recommendations for improving the efficacy of content marketing
- Have a strong aptitude for reporting on key findings during research
- Create strategically-driven project decks and present findings, strategies, and concepts to clients
- Possess organizational agility and a strong attention to detail
The ideal candidate will be exceptional in the following ways:
- Communication - You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Your mastery of language and grammar truly sets you apart
- Problem Solver - You love the thrill of a hard problem to solve and you have both an analytical and creative approach
- Project Management - You have the ability to prioritize and manage a million moving pieces
- Growth Mindset - You have a strong conviction to be curious, continually learn, adapt and improve your skills and knowledge
- 5+ years of copywriting, content writing and/or content marketing experience
- Superb writing and editing skills; experience creating content for multiple personas (writing portfolio required)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of audience research and measurement tools
- Experience in applying audience data analysis in decision making
- Basic MS Office/G Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required. HS diploma or equivalent required
The culture and perks of being a Tallwaver:
- We embrace a maverick attitude. We're willing to challenge convention and think beyond the ask.
- We are committed to relentless pursuit. We're curious with a focus on personal growth.
- We value selfless teamwork, demonstrating strong leadership qualities with a knack for collaboration.
- We are thoughtfully rigorous, have a strong work ethic and have strong attention to details.
- An environment that fosters empathy and compassion for each other and our clients.
- A diverse (and competitive, and hilarious, and sometimes a little crazy) group of coworkers. You know, the kind you actually want to grab a drink with after work.
- Career growth and opportunity. We grow leaders here.
- We recognize the contributions of individuals and teams throughout Tallwave and we stop to celebrate through Happy hours, on-the-fly high fives, core-values-based awards during our All Hands Meetings, and Tallwave anniversary awards, to name a few.
- Catered “Lunch & Discuss” sessions, and formal training sessions focused on continuous learning and growth as a team.
- We offer comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401(k) plans.
- Concierge-booked Tallwave Work Anniversary experiences.
- We provide employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans and life insurance.
- We're more concerned about how we work than where we work. We offer remote work and office hours flexibility as needed.
- We trust our team - we have a generous PTO policy. Seriously, did you read about it yet? It's kind of amazing!
- We are surrounded by badass talent and clients - our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Wired, Product Hunt, and more.
- We are featured on the 2020 INC Best Workplaces List, the 2020 Phoenix Business Journal Best Places to Work List, and the 2021 AZ Central Top Places to Work List.
Why you'll love working with us:
Free to be you, each and every day! We celebrate diversity and empower you to bring your authentic self to work, always. We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is not about checking a box. It's more than words, it is a pledge and a promise that Tallwave is passionate about pursuing. We recognize having an all-encompassing culture will help us learn and grow collectively, and continue to foster our mission of making everyone we work with wildly successful.
This job may require sitting for long periods of time, and minimal (if any) lifting. Some travel may be required.
Position Applicants, please note:
At this time, this position is open to U.S. citizens only who live in the U.S. and who are legally authorized to work in the United States. We are also unable to provide visa sponsorship of any kind, so please do not apply if you will require sponsorship.
Tallwave is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.