Senior Copywriter 🔥
Odonnell Company is a full-service marketing agency with offices in New Haven, CT and Atlanta, GA, committed to providing high level strategy, creativity, brand development, communications, and results for the clients we serve. Our team is composed of intelligent and hardworking individuals who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, quality, and diverse thought.
We are seeking a Senior Copywriter with advertising agency experience to join our collaborative, fast-paced creative team. This is a role for a strategic conceptual writer who can dig into complex social challenges, and translate to short but powerful copy that grabs attention and inspires action. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with advertising copy, specifically developing conceptual headlines, taglines, and campaign content. Our projects are focused on improving and saving lives—so we need an individual who is interested in understanding complex challenges in education, health care, transportation, environment, and early childhood—and communicating to a range of audiences across the full spectrum of communication channels.
- Build creative marketing campaigns that engage users across multiple touchpoints.
- Collaborate with strategic account team members, art directors, and digital/social teams to develop creative concepts and assets that engage diverse audiences.
- Act as a strategic advisor to team members and client partners, helping to clarify business objectives, define key messages, and ensure project goals are met.
- Take the lead in presenting creative concepts and copy to internal teams and clients. Proactively manage client revisions and reviews.
- Conceptualize ideas and develop short, engaging messaging that results in effective and compelling calls-to-action.
- Support junior writers to reach their career goals and evolve content skills.
- Manage workflow for multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Communicate with leadership and teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery; ensure proper approvals and steps are followed for the copy development process.
- Understand client mission and vision, and with that in mind, develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand/campaign voice around critical life-changing topics.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing concepts, techniques, and audience appeal
- Computer proficiency, including knowledge of Google Suite
- Strategic and conceptual thinker
- Ingenuity and originality in developing marketing concepts that meet objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to teach, coach and make presentations
- Team player, including the ability to work with diverse groups
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changes
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to give and accept feedback and ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Bilingual skills a plus
- We are a fast growth company and with great opportunity comes challenges and change.
- We are looking for leadership skills and the ability to think fast, work fast, maintain a dynamic, open mind, and grow with the company.
- Minimum 7 years copywriting and related experience, preferably including 5 years within an agency as a senior copywriter.
- Requires a diverse portfolio, including a variety of media and formats (e.g., print ads, television, radio, digital ad banners, blog posts, and direct mail).
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Communications, Journalism, Liberal Arts, or related field.
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote