At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.Responsibilities: Who are you?
We’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing and editing skills to help us create clear and compelling content for our members. As a member of the creative team, you will write, edit and proofread copy for a variety of projects (including print, email, web, mobile, and video.) You will work closely with our internal teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, develop messaging and edit/refine content. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style who is adept at creating new content as well as editing and refining content written by others.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Proofread and edit content created by other team members, considering both internal and client brand guidelines, as well as copyright laws including registered and trademarked symbols
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Qualifications: What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- 1-3 years of professional writing experience in advertising, marketing or creative department
- Healthcare, health plan, provider healthcare IT and/or SaaS experience preferred.
- An ability to adapt content to a variety of styles and voices
- Experience with email, print and web content writing
- A positive attitude and love for working with a team
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- A high level of self-management and organizational skills
- A portfolio of relevant writing samples
- Proficient in using current software to collaborate, markup and edit content and design projects
- Fluent in relevant software; MS Word, Excel, PowerPointand Adobe PDF
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.