Digital Content Strategist/information Architect 🔥
This position works in our innovative Strategy team alongside the Strategy Director, Creative Director, UX lead, and copywriting team to create an interactive environment that enhances and promotes client brands while supporting the mission of Fusion92.
Position will collaborate with agency and client team members to enhance content quality, site architecture and presentation across various web sites.
This role will be instrumental in defining the business and end-user objectives; auditing, analyzing, editing, and organizing existing content, as well as setting standards for search engine optimized content. The position will manage content-related work in the website design process and create deliverables including site maps, wireframes, process flows, content inventories and strategies, and product specifications. The ideal candidate will actively contribute to building a greater vision for content strategy and user experience principles.
This role reports to the SVP, Marketing Transformation and Insights and can be remote or a part of our Chicago or Detroit office.
- While our offices are currently open, daily in-office attendance is not required.
- Leverage a strong interest in new technology/digital trends and a passion for creating integrated experiences to develop unique campaigns for our clients.
- Work with Creative, Account, and Project Management teams, ensuring the quality of work is met
- Actively facilitate brainstorm sessions for client assignments, guiding sessions in pursuit of breakout ideas.
- Consider available and emerging technologies, or other communication approaches and can incorporate them to broaden the conceptual range of solutions.
- Apply deep understanding of clients' needs, advocate for those needs with the creative team, and contribute a range of solutions to client marketing problems, while enhancing others’ knowledge and understanding of the client’s business and its competition
- Serves as lead strategist with direct client interaction
- Educate client teams about why content strategy matters
- Outline content maintenance processes and gain maintenance stakeholder buy in
- Assess existing content to identify strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and opportunities
- Lead the auditing of sites and catalogs to inform the strategy for template designs
- Lead discussions and reviews of content strategy deliverables with high-profile stakeholders
- Establish client voice and determine content needs, channel selection, and distribution.
- Recommend new content development and structure for individual web sites, based on business and user objectives
- Lead content development efforts for specific sites to fit target user/brand experience; optimize site experience and content production
- Serve as a guide to the creative team by evaluating work and assisting in creating compelling concepts that are fresh, innovative, and strategically sound.
- Be a subject matter expert on the clients’ business for the team
- Write, edit, and design content and design information that is structured and optimized for effective search and accessibility, is readable and matches style guide definitions.
- Lead SEO and accessibility efforts
- Identify opportunities for content testing and measurement/analytics
- Contribute to developing wireframes to support usability and searchability of information
- Create consistent information hierarchies for site navigation on both a site-wide level and a page-by-page or screen-by-screen level, while adhering to design uniformity within and across projects
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of usability standards and best practices.
- Take part in promoting user-centered design throughout the organization
- Work collaboratively with designer to plan interface functionality, with developer to confirm technical considerations, and with web specialist to implement content changes
- Participate in usability testing and become a champion for data-driven interaction design
- Take part in usability research to understand user behaviors and preferences
- 5+ years’ work experience in developing digital content and applying iterative, user-centered design principles while managing content and production for high-traffic websites
- 3+ years leading information architecture design and documentation
- Experience and/or certification in information architecture, UX testing, design, and writing
- Experience using site metrics to inform content organization decisions
- Fluency in the principles of user-centered design and usability
- Excellent understanding of SEO strategy especially as it applies to content
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Demonstrable ability to conduct research, understand and organize specialized web content, and provide client recommendations based on research
- Advanced knowledge of Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and HTML
- Thorough understanding of interactive communications, delivery systems, and processes
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing a creative team of 2 or more
- Ability to perform as an effective member of a team and execute designs solo as needed
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, intense, deadline-driven environment
- Personable, assertive, and professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- A superior portfolio with a range of mediums, styles, and influences
Non-Discrimination Disclosure: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other status or class protected by applicable law. We apply this policy to recruiting, hiring, training, testing, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
NOTE: Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.