Freelance Greek Interpreter 🔥
This is an entry-level position, which requires excellent comprehension and speaking skills in English & Greek language. Preferred but not compulsory, 2-4 years of experience.
The Telephone Interpreter is responsible for handling calls on demand, understanding and rendering the meaning of conversations between speakers of GREEK and English. The Interpreter needs to be able to process information quickly and concisely, recognize sensitive cultural differences and be professional and courteous at all times. The calls may involve simple or complex, non-technical, or technical subjects in the following fields: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Law Enforcement, General Business, and more.
We are seeking interpreters/speakers who speak English and GREEK.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Location of work:
- Work away from the office.
- Telephone Interpreter works from their home, own office, or more.
- It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment.
- Note pads and writing utensils, glossaries, and dictionaries are useful tools.
Major Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities:
- Renders correct concepts and meanings between Greek and English following complexity, clarity, and style from one language into another, upholding the correct rules for grammar and syntax in both languages.
- Good customer service, communication skills, clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice, and polite forms of expression.
- Understands protocol and terminology in the following industry such as Medical, Insurance, Finance, and Law.
- Can remain calm during stress-related calls and remain consistently professional when interpreting client calls, including 911 emergency calls.
- Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications.
- Fluency in Greek and English.
- Advanced skills in the cultural dynamics (cultural implication and idiomatic expression) of both other languages (s) and English.
- Excellent listening, retention, and note-taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of industry-specific terminology; ongoing study of glossaries and training materials, including scripts provided by our clients.
- Ability to concentrate, stay detached from the conversation, and remain neutral and objective at all times.
- Ability to follow the client's instructions closely.
- Education in languages/interpretation or related fields is preferred but not required.
- Competitive rates.
- Huge flexibility with no schedule requirement.
- Ongoing training and competency opportunities.
- Being part of the elite interpreter database from a Canadian company.
- Opportunity to assist newcomers and non-English speakers communicate in their languages, in a variety of fields.
- Opportunity to break language barriers in a diverse community and help your own fellow countrymen communicate with English-speaking businesses.
- Opportunity to participate and experience telephone interpretation.