Front-end Engineer 🔥
Zoomforth helps customers design and build beautiful no-code websites. Our software makes the complex simple and the boring beautiful. It’s like Squarespace, but for professional communications.
Zoomforth is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) microsite editor with a heavy focus on analytics and security. In Zoomforth, customers can easily build, edit, and host private microsites that are hidden behind a number of security features along with completely public microsites visible to all. Once a microsite is published, analytics data is processed to give users insight on how visitors use their sites.
Join a profitable growth-stage startup and work from anywhere you like. You’ll be joining an amazing team to support some of the most respected startups, agencies, and businesses in the world.
As our first dedicated front-end developer you will be responsible for taking our front-end to the next level.
Working in this role
- As a front-end engineer you will work closely with product design which might require more synchronous meetings than usual
- You will mostly be working on new features which will generally require you to create mock UIs against a fake back-end to simulate how the feature would work as a prototype
- You will use what we learnt from building these prototypes to implement the actual feature and connect it to a real back-end that someone else on the team implements
- You will be improving the front-end codebase by introducing new tools, conventions and workflows
- You will be maintaining the front-end codebase by fixing bugs, upgrading packages and configuring tools like Webpack and Babel
- You will collaborate closely with the product design and the engineering team
Skills & experience
You have lots of opinions and ideas on what an ideal codebase and workflow should look like. This is not an entry-level role. You have experience and a good understanding of:
- Configuring code building tools like Webpack and Babel
- HTML and how browsers work, browser feature support, accessibility etc.
- CSS and using CSS generators like SCSS or PostCSS
Working with us
- You will be working remotely in a fully distributed company
- You can work from anywhere at any time of day, as long as there’s a window for meetings and connecting with colleagues
- The engineering team only has one mandatory meeting every week. You will have plenty of time to focus on your main tasks
- Most of our communication is asynchronous and text based
Type of candidate
- You are disciplined and self motivated. You don’t need someone to watch your back to do good work. You are expected to be productive with minimal supervision
- You are willing to work remotely and ideally have previous experience doing so
- You are a problem solver and you’re able to figure things out on your own
- You are willing to and enjoy learning new things. We all learn on the job constantly
- You are willing to take risks and champion your own ideas
- You are able to ask for help when you need it
- You are willing to discuss your ideas and can handle both negative and positive feedback. You are also able to give the same back to us
Compensation & Logistics
- Salary of $90,000 per year
- EMPLOYEES ONLY – Health, vision, and dental insurance
- EMPLOYEES ONLY – Unlimited paid vacation
- Remote working – work from wherever you like
- Flexible hours – work whatever hours suit you best as long as there is overlap when needed
- Wellness allowance each month to spend on whatever keeps you happy and well
- Protected learning time to study the things that interest you
- Opportunities for travel and team retreats – attendance is optional at retreats, but recent trips have included Costa Rica and Italy (pre-pandemic)
APPLY AT: https://share.zoomforth.com/front-end-engineer-wwr