Senior Devops Engineer - Platform Team 🔥
Join us as Ceros embarks on the next chapter in our mission to unlock creativity. Ceros is evolving into the essential design platform for professional creatives the world over. Our suite of cloud-based tools empower professional creators to push the boundaries of creativity, while our collaboration tools make it easy to get everyone involved in the process.
Today, our products power some of the most engaging experiences on the web. In 2021 alone, interactive content created with Ceros Studio — from landing pages and pitch decks to interactive social media — has been viewed more than half a billion times. In the meantime, more than 3 million comments have been added to digital content using Markup, our new visual collaboration tool.
Working at Ceros means having an impact at scale. Our products and services are leveraged by top tier brands such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull or Pinterest and are loved by more than 500,000 users. And we are building something even bigger and better: the creative operating system of the future.
We are backed up and well-funded by top-tier investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
We are remote first forever with a 4½ day workweek that finishes every Friday at 1pm.
Ceros provides multiple products and the Devops team supports them all.
The infrastructure uses Docker, Jenkins, and Cloudformation. We use a myriad of AWS offerings. We also use Okta for authentication and Fastly as a CDN. We’ve begun a migration to Terraform and are considering a migration from ECS to Kubernetes as we add services.
The DevOps team also supports Markup (), which is built in React and Typescript on the frontend and Typescript on the backend. Its infrastructure uses Terraform and Kubernetes on AWS.
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much.
The DevOps Platform team is responsible for the infrastructure and the design of our environments for each of our Applications. We are also responsible for the CI/CD, chatops, and the developer interface with our deployment tools and environments. We own the pipeline run times and therefore we are responsible for optimizing build times and run times.
We follow DevOps principles, which means we view ourselves as the deep knowledge and support for all the developers when they need to write infrastructure stories. We own the roadmap, but we don’t stand in the way of product teams when they need to write infrastructure or pipeline code. We review their work and offer guidance and advice.
- Evaluating, testing, and building new infrastructure tools and technology
- Writing detailed planning documents on stories so your teammates can assess the proposed approaches to a story, offer suggestions of approaches missed, and we can all agree on where to go from there
- Writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- Carrying out and being on the receiving end of intense code review sessions from your peers who hold your work (and their own) to the highest of standards
- Helping the feature development teams write infrastructure code, and reviewing said code
- Writing clear documentation around infrastructure code and development tooling so that it’s easy to understand, use, and modify
- Working closely with the rest of the team to deploy new releases and data migrations without hiccups
- Performing blameless post-mortems whenever there’s an unplanned outage.
- Supporting the development infrastructure so that feature teams and QA can collaborate on shared environments
- And finally, ensuring the availability of the Ceros platform
- Experience with and knowledge of the following technologies:
- Containers Ecosystem (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- CI/CD pipelines
- Infrastructure as code (Cloudformation, Terraform)
- Linux Administration
- Scripting Languages and Automation (Bash, Groovy, Python, Ansible)
- In memory databases (Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Relational Databases (MySQL, Aurora)
- An eagerness to write well documented, clear code. You understand that infrastructure code is still code and the principles of documentation and organization that apply to every other kind of code, still apply here.
- The wisdom of experience. You understand that principles and design patterns are important guidelines, but not hard and fast rules. You know when to apply a pattern and when not to, when to hold fast to a certain principle, and when to let it go. You understand that sometimes we can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good and we’ll have to take on tech debt, but when we do, it should be with consideration and intention (and should be documented).
- An eagerness to learn. We’re looking for engineers who are able and eager to keep up with the pace of our rapidly evolving field.
- This is a 100% remote role but we are primarily in the U.S. Eastern time zone and prefer candidates who can have an overlapping work schedule with the rest of the team.
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook Pro, external monitor, keyboard, etc.)
- $500 stipend for home office set up
- Annual all-expenses paid company retreats
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.