Product Designer 🔥
Poll Everywhere is looking for an end-to-end Product Designer to help us redesign our application with our newly updated design system. You’ll be the second member of a growing design team. We’re currently transitioning from a collection of Single Page Applications to a Ruby on Rails application that uses Hotwire to rethink how modern real-time web applications work. As part of this, we have an amazing opportunity to redesign, reevaluate, and refocus our core application workflows to improve our customer’s experiences and solve problems. We are finishing the last components of a new design system based on Google material.io and are ready to improve the user experience.
We have wide-ranging product and UX challenges for our design team as we turn our consumer-based application toward an enterprise B2B focus. We need to redesign our workflows for scale and collaboration with updated information hierarchy and user permissions. Design at Poll Everywhere is highly cross-collaborative in nature. Our designers are embedded into our product teams. You can expect to work cross-functionally with Product Managers on product strategy, engineers on development and accessibility, product marketing for user interviews, and the QA team to maintain a high bar for quality. You’ll participate in each stage of the project lifecycle including planning, research, execution, documentation, and following up with success metrics.
Poll Everywhere is looking forward to a refreshed mission to make presentations more inclusive. We believe that having our product in use at more of the 17 billion meetings a year in the F1000 would change those organizations through the inclusion of more voices. Our platform enables presenters to create interactive questions, word clouds, discussions, and competitions that their audience can respond to using any device. Founded in 2008, we now support millions of users worldwide from educational institutions to household companies such as Google, AT&T, and Target.
- Modernize all workflows by updating them to new material design based components
- Re-evaluate workflows for UX improvements for our ideal customer profile
- Reimagine how Poll Everywhere can integrate within tools (such as MS Teams, Zoom, Slack) that our ICPs use
- Help drive Poll Everywhere to be fully WCAG level AA accessibility compliant
- Delight audience members with beautiful data visualizations and dynamic response interactions
- Solicit, build, socialize and test highly effective, attractive user-focused interfaces across various use cases including responsive web layouts, desktop applications, and data visualizations.
- Solve new and existing challenges related to usability, user flow, and information architecture with close attention to detail and a foundation in relevant experience, research, and systematic, logical thinking.
- Show humility in seeking feedback, balanced with enough grit to advocate for the people who use our product.
- Maintain and contribute to Poll Everywhere Design System
- Refine and iterate your designs through a balance of data and gut.
- Bring your work to life with Figma, the Poll Everywhere design system, user testing tools, and modern prototyping tools.
- No mystery, no surprises, no hidden criteria! We know how nerve-wracking interviews can be and we want to set you up for success by clearly outlining the skills we want you to be ready to showcase throughout our interview process.
- Comfortable working (and potentially leading) an iterative & collaborative design process with engineers and PMs
- Experience working with and contributing to a design system
- Proficiency in Figma
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience building and shipping product changes to customers
- From us to you!*
- $150/month internet & personal cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly coffee and or tea subscription
- $1,000 annual self-development budget + 2 additional days of PTO
- $500 work from home stipend to get you set up for 2022 ($200 annual WFH stipend for all PollEvians after their first year)
- Once we are able to safely reunite as an entire company, we will resume our biannual company retreats and quarterly visits for remote employees.
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do PollEvians. We want to work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds who put a lot of care and pride into their work. We're committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, and we’re looking to hire people with good judgment.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.
Application Process: *
Keep applications brief; we want small resumes with relevant experience. Principals only, please. We aren't using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Poll Everywhere is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job Type: Full-time