About the Company:
Brompton is a highly respected British manufacturer of bespoke folding bikes, each bike being hand made in the London factory. For many owners of our bikes, Brompton is part of their lifestyle and an expression of who they are. We enjoy riding our bikes too and we’re proud of their success around the world.
As a brand, our vision is to transform how people live and get around in cities. Our bike was conceived as a product which would increase people’s sense of independence and freedom, and this concept is still at the heart of everything we do. The Brompton is widely acknowledged as the finest bike of its type: cleverly designed, and beautifully made to be versatile, easy to use and durable. This excellence, combined with the resurgence in cycling for transport and leisure, means we are enjoying strong company growth. If we are to continue to grow we need to recruit great people who can further drive sales.
Brompton Bicycle is privately-owned, successful, and profitable, and we have good relationships with our distributors, dealers and owners. We export 80% of our production to 47 countries around the globe, and we intend to produce over 100,000 bikes this year. But we believe we’re just getting started.
If you’re excited by the opportunity to sell market-leading products that make a difference to people’s lives, and thrive on responsibility, we can offer you a job you will not find anywhere else.
Working remotely and employed by Brompton Netherlands/ this is a key commercial sales role in a region where significant growth is required, and is a strategic focus for current and future investment. Reporting directly to the EMEA sales manager, (based in London), the role covers all Netherlands market where Brompton has operated directly since 2017
Netherlands has shown significant growth over the years, and we believe we still have plenty of potential to unlock. The sales representative role carries a high degree of autonomy with the principal remit of delivering significant growth across Brompton’s channels You shall plan and execute your work to ensure your KPIs are met. You will be commercially minded, always exploring and creating new business opportunities and developing new sales channels.
You will enjoy travelling, with up to 80% of your time being spent out on the road, developing trade amongst current and prospective customers; your remaining time spent working from home. You will take full responsibility for your Accounts (circa 50 doors) and work in a small energetic team – including direct internal HQ sales support from London and staff from Brompton Junction Amsterdam - to achieve sales ambition.
As key frontline representation of the Brand, you shall ensure retailers are consistent and committed to representing Brompton products and messages in-line with the Dealer Accreditation Programme. You will nurture solid commercial relationships with your retailers, supporting their development and adaptation to the changing landscape.
This is a role for someone who is looking to progress in a sales field they are already sure-footed in, and who is excited by the potential of a long-term commitment to this fast-growing British success story.
You will be a commercially minded, results focussed, experienced B2B sales person. At least 4 years solid B2B retail sales and business development experience, ideally within the bike industry, is necessary. You will understand the market, strategic competition, suppliers and retailers within, and the wider positioning Brompton enjoys. You have the talent to confront the rapidly changing marketplace and identify correct routes to sustainable long-term success.
You will be numerate, perceptive in analysis of sales data, and able use these to build persuasive arguments to achieve your goals. You’ll be part of a small team who enjoy robust commercial thinking and are dedicated to fulfilling Brompton’s potential. Additionally, you will be self-assured, personable, resourceful, and entrepreneurial.
Due to the significant travel required, you are self-motivated, efficient and effective when working remotely. You must be flexible, highly organised and dependable, both in your own contact with customers and in your reporting back to the office.
- Delivering on budgeted sales targets for all Brompton products across your retail network
- Driving the development of the retail network
- To identify, target, liaise and visit core prospective customers
- To open dealerships, negotiate agreements and close sales
- Identifying and developing new routes to market including Click & Collect, and B2C
- Identifying and resolving customer concerns
- Creating suitable strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections and competitor situations
- To deliver a programme of product sales training and support
- To co-ordinate, deliver and monitor the Brompton Dealer Accreditation programme
- To identify opportunities that require additional support and resource
- To represent the company at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations, and seminars
- Set up and organise events with retailers & businesses
- To build annual business plans for your accounts
- Forecasting, planning and delivering on sales targets
- Develop a12 month rolling sales forecast/pipeline plan for your retail customers in accordance with sales objectives
- Monitoring and reporting your performance through weekly and monthly KPIs
- Performing statistical analysis and assess actuals vs forecasting
- Raising risks and opportunities for your accounts and developing related solutions
- Management of day-to-day sales
- Represent the requirements of the customer to internal organisation
- Feeding information on future buying trends to colleagues in Marketing, Design and Purchasing
- Gathering market, competitor and customer data whilst executing product and marketing strategy
- To communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments
- Strong sales, commercial, and customer service skills
- Provable track record in comparable Sales/Account Management role, 3-4 years’ experience
- Market aware and commercially focussed
- Fluent spoken and written Dutch and English
- Consultative sales approach
- Strong numeracy skills
- Highly organised
- The role will require significant travel to current and potential clients, a valid driving licence is essential
- A natural communicator with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Competence in the development and delivery of presentations
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- Passionate, determined and resourceful
- Knowledge of rapidly changing consumer behaviour
- Attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details while retaining a sense of the broader picture are essential
The Brompton Environment
Brompton offers you a very pleasant working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and encourages personal growth.
No salary data published by company so we estimated salary based on similar jobs related to Travel, Marketing, Excel, Sales and Non Tech jobs that are similar:
$65,000 — $100,000/year