Curriculum Architect, Devops 🔥
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software together. The Customer Success organization has created a Learning and Development team to help support our teams in these endeavors!
The Curriculum Architect-DevOps, Learning and Development will work side by side with our content design and development team to create and curate instructional materials for our internal Hubbers and external audiences. The Curriculum Architect- DevOps will be a dedicated subject matter expert on a wide variety of technical topics, and will author and curate source content as well as review and revise content created by team members.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, strong experience with GitHub, and strong writing, research and content delivery skills. Our Curriculum Architect- DevOps will be able to switch gears between research and authoring content, providing content interviews to instructional designers, documenting source content through written, audio or visual means, and delivering content to audiences who may be internal or external to GitHub. In addition, the Curriculum Architect- DevOps will follow the course production pipeline to ensure produced courseware has kept the integrity and intent of the source content.
The Learning and Development team is quickly growing and the Curriculum Architect-DevOps is key to our ability to produce high quality, reliable, expert-level courseware.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the content design and development team on a host of topics related to our product and its notable features.
- Author accurate, validated content on foundational and newly released features of GitHub in written form or audio form
- Develop deep relationships across multiple departments and organizations in order to derive just-in-time information from our teams to convert into training materials
- Curate and validate content from across the organization for use in our training materials
- Stay keenly up to date and aware of major product developments, features, changes, maintenance and other content topic areas that directly impact training initiatives across GitHub
- Work closely and collaboratively with our content design and development team as source content moves from your hands to the instructional designer as they design courseware
- Review instructional materials to ensure content accuracy and integrity
- Author updates to content as changes occur to the product and its features in order to keep training content up to date
- Provide input into work estimates and timelines
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong technical background and ease at learning and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative working style, while also being able to independently author content efficiently and accurately
- Strong writing skills; and strong ability to develop a curriculum flow and plan for a piece of content
- Ability to write for multiple audience levels- including entry-level and advanced
- Past experience with delivering instruction either virtually or in the classroom
- Bachelor’s degree or qualified experience in related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an education-based environment; with prior experience creating instructional materials
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong level of professionalism, customer obsession, and a growth mindset
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $101,000 to maximum $189,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.