Customer Success Manager, Us Defense 🔥
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're self-motivated and self-directed with a passion for building and maintaining relationships with customers, fully understanding their needs, and advocating on their behalf. You understand your customers’ strategic objectives and help them achieve success as an expert on Dataminr’s First Alert product. You are knowledgeable of major trends and events impacting US and European national security, publicly available information, and big data and can translate these into actionable insights for your customers.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will drive First Alert product adoption, and usage among First Alert customers, and will collaborate across teams to foster account growth. You are excited to combine your interests in technology, government, national security, and customer success to transform the way our customers adopt and use First Alert. You are self-driven, detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience.
- Work autonomously to expand the scope and scale of First Alert adoption, while driving successful customer outcomes within Dataminr’s US DoD business in Europe
- Collaborate with Dataminr’s US DoD Leadership Team to develop and execute short and long term strategies for your portfolio
- Effectively communicate First Alert value to senior DoD leadership within your portfolio, building advocacy across all echelons through capability briefings, product demonstrations, trainings, regular check-ins and strategy execution
- Help build and improve scalable systems and processes to support and engage customers throughout the customer lifecycle
- Design and implement scalable programs that seamlessly integrate First Alert into customer workflows and align with customer’s enterprise-level objectives
- Partner with and lead Customer Success Associates to drive product adoption, and customer satisfaction
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer by combining knowledge of their missions and needs with deep understanding of the First Alert product
- Serve as a First Alert platform expert, and move beyond basic platform features and functionality in order to ensure engagements support the customer’s organizational goals and drive positive outcomes
- Collect customer feedback and clearly articulate recommendations for First Alert product development to our engineering and product teams
- Successfully leverage data-driven metrics and reporting to understand and stay ahead of risks and opportunities that impact retention and growth
- Must be a dual US citizen / EU citizen or a US citizen with the ability to work in Germany
- Experience supporting the US Department of Defense entities in Europe, ideally across all services and organizations
- 5-7 years of customer success/account management experience or experience implementing and leading military accounts, programs, or operations, preferably within software-as-a-service (SaaS) or technology companies
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to think on your feet, work through ambiguity, and problem solve in real-time to deliver projects on time
- Demonstrated ability to advise and influence senior executives at the C-suite or SES/General Officer level
- Strategic engagement experience and/or experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, engaging diverse stakeholders, and cultivating client relationships
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on communicating both orally and in writing with senior military leaders and decision makers
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical and non-technical customers
- A functional understanding of the defense acquisition system and contracting process is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in a related field
- Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance at a minimum
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid stipends support to assist in health insurance and life insurance
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as monthly stipend for remote working costs, fitness app reimbursements and telehealth options for mental and physical well-being
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.