Remote Fullstack Software Engineer 🔥
Full Stack Software Engineer at SOCi
SOCi is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country, ranking in the top tier of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the last 4 years in a row. The builder of an award-winning enterprise SaaS marketing platform, and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers, SOCi boasts hundreds of the world’s largest brands as its customers. The SOCi platform specifically solves complicated marketing and workflow problems for national and global multi-location brands that want to scale and optimize their presence across search, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the largest localized marketing platform in the world, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless locations.
Our accolades include:
- Recently closed a Series D investment round of $80 million, led by JMI Equity
- 4x honoree on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- 2x honoree on Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies
- 3x CEO Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winner of the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall Social Media Management Platform
- #1 Rank by Entrepreneur magazine’s Top Marketing Providers for Franchises, three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner award in Reputation Management & Brand Management
- 2021 Honoree on Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
- This position is fully remote and our teams are distributed across four continents. You'll be expected to have 6 hours of overlap with your team within the 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM PST time zone, but that can vary by team and location. For instance, some teams may start an hour or two earlier and some teams may start an hour or two later. Taking meaningful breaks is important for engineers to stay sharp and productive throughout the day.
- You will be collaborating with other engineers by doing "Mob programming" in real-time over Zoom as part of several sessions throughout the day.
- A Product Team consists of 2 mobs (each mob consists of 3 engineers), a Tech Lead, an Engineering Manager (EM), a UX designer, and a Product Manager (PM).
- As a member of an Empowered Product Team, you will be able to work with your assigned teams to research and understand customer problems as part of their jobs. Then work together to build product solutions that address them.
- We are an engineering company and we leverage technology to solve customer problems.
- 7+ years experience working on a software development team
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented programming, all backgrounds are welcome such as Java, .NET (C#), PHP.
- Deep understanding of relational database systems, specifically MySQL and Postgres
- Understanding of NoSQL Datastores such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Experience building scalable, performant, and modular solutions
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience with micro-services and service-oriented architecture
- High-level awareness of available ML technologies
- Knowledge of basic visual and user experience principles and forming partnerships with a UX designer. You will be building the UI for our product.
- Fully remote, diverse international team
- An extremely talented group of engineers and tech leads to learn from
- Active career coaching and professional development to keep you growing
- Learning budget (books, online courses)
- Directly see the impact of your work by working closely with customers and help build the fastest-growing mar-tech platform for top brands
What's SOCi's culture like?
Led by a team of industry experts, SOCi is leading the pack in Localized Marketing for Multi-Location brands. Our passionate team of SOCialites work from home or in our office locations in both San Diego, CA and Austin, TX. We offer flexible PTO, comprehensive health & benefits packages, 401k and matching (amongst many other perks). Every new team member is equipped with a MacBook laptop, tech accessories & SOCi swag. We are a fast-paced, agile environment where thought leadership and input is encouraged. If you are looking for a place where you can come and make a difference in the way enterprise organizations utilize social technology, then SOCi is for you.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.