Sales Assistant / Proposal Writer 🔥
We’re looking to expand our business development team with a versatile, multi-talented person who will play a big part in supporting our growth.
Why work at Yoko Co?
- Mission. We exclusively work with clients who make a positive impact on the world. This is a chance to build things that help create a better place for all of us.
- 4-Day Work Week. We treat our Mondays as flex days, meaning that you can take most of them off if you plan your work appropriately.
- Holiday Breaks. We’re closed for nearly a full week at Thanksgiving, and two weeks at the end of the year.
- Best Place to Work. For two years running, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and Washington Business Journal.
- High Caliber Team with Kindness. You’ll work with team members who are both top performers and genuinely kind and supportive.
If you work here, you’ll:
- Make exceptional first impressions and set the tone for new client relationships by genuinely caring about how we can help.
- Assist the team by prepping the necessary paperwork for new engagements.
- Take the lead on scheduling meetings and keeping lines of communication active.
You’ll do great if you:
- Have a solid understanding of web strategy, digital marketing, social media. (Bonus points for a working knowledge of WordPress.
- Are energized by finding and meeting new people, and great at developing meaningful relationships
- Have the attention to detail and writing chops needed to create a wide range of sales-focused paperwork, including emails, estimates, proposals, SOWs, and MSAs
- Take initiative and actively seek out ways to help out the team and streamline the business development process.
- Have a "can-do attitude" and are willing to jump in on new challenges and grow your skills.
- Are an avid learner. You should be excited to learn from (and teach) both clients and team members.
- Care about your work. We make our impact through the work we do for our clients, so it’s critical we believe in what we do.
However, maybe don’t apply if:
- You prefer to work on a single big project at a time. We all have to do a bit of juggling around here.
- You’ve ever said “that’s not my job” or “that’s below my pay grade.” We take pride in a culture where everyone is willing to pitch in where they need to.
- You want someone to hold your hand every step of the way.
The interview process:
You’ll do 3-to 4 interviews with various members of our team, starting with a short culture interview, and then moving on to more specialized conversations. Somewhere in the process, you’ll likely do a short practical test to ensure you can deliver at the level it takes to be successful here. If you have some, we’d love to see examples of work you’ve done that relates to the work you’d do here.
What you get:
You’ll get a competitive salary, unlimited time off, a flexible schedule, the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401k matching.
A little more about us:
Our team is made up of people who are passionate about the work they do, the clients they serve, and, importantly, their craft. We also care about each other — we don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. From developers to designers, project managers to strategists, we bring out the best in each other.
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we were named a 2020 and 2021 Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal, and you can poke around our website if you want to know more.
If you’re interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “First Impressions Matter”, and please share your opinion on why you think first impressions matter and what you think it means to be proactive.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that has a reasonable overlap with normal US business hours.