Intermediate Product Designer - Design Systems - Remote 🔥
As part of the team working on Genesis, League’s design system, you’ll be responsible for creating the foundational patterns, inclusive and accessible UI components, tools, and documentation that empowers League’s strategic design vision. Our vision is to create the design system for healthcare, and you will collaborate with designers, creatives and engineers across all of our product surfaces to help us achieve it. This position reports to the Director of Design.
- 3+ years experience as a product designer creating design systems
- Strong communication, collaboration and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS and Android. Awareness of inclusive design principles and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Figma’s design tool.
- A passion for systems work.
- Comfortable working with front end engineering teams for web and mobile user interfaces, including an understanding of APIs and participating in code reviews. It’s a big plus if you have had some hands-on experience and have contributed to code repositories for web or native apps.
What you’ll be doing
- Produce highly detailed design specifications to help everyone understand how a component should be built and function. Including accessibility, interaction, visual guidelines for web and mobile.
- Draft clear, concise but comprehensive documentation for the system and its components to drive understanding and alignment across teams.
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, and engineers to design, maintain and optimize League's design system library from conception to deployment.
- Join in system design conversations with partners in product and engineering to build solutions and processes.
- Come to Design Reviews and provide guidance to teams on how to improve their designs to better support or evolve towards the design system.
At League, everyone is welcome. We believe individuals should not be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you are an individual in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at
Given the current public health guidance on COVID-19 and to help support office health and safety, at this time, it is our company policy to require all Leaguers to be fully vaccinated to attend our offices in person.