Manager, Regional Sales 🔥
Our mission is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Manager, Regional Sales
Study.com Education Licensing division is seeking a highly motivated & qualified leader to manage a sales team and help grow our relationships with K-12 Institutions, which is a key contributor to our mission on making education accessible and breaking down the barriers to education.
The ideal Manager of Sales has in-depth knowledge and experience with the sales process, excels at building and developing sales teams, relationship building, and closing deals. We’re seeking a leader that has strong negotiating and communications skills, with a track record of success that inspires the same in others. The role provides the opportunity for creative leadership to coach, advise, motivate, and recruit sales representatives to create and maintain a high-performance sales force.
Objectives of this Role
- Represent our company, with a broad understanding of our product offerings
- Work closely with the Sales Director to ensure the team is driving toward shared goals and outcomes
- Support sales team in identifying solutions that best meet customers' needs
- Hire, train, motivate and advise team of sales professionals
- Plan, set sales goals, analyze performance data, and project future performance
- Ensure the team uses effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives
- Generate leads to build and nurture client relationships
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands the customer base and extends our national reach
- Meet with potential clients and develop long-lasting relationships by understanding their needs
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partner relationships
- Set objectives, train, coach, and track key performance metrics to ensure that the sales responsibilities are fulfilled
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to improve those gaps where necessary
- Oversee the sales team to ensure company quotas and standards are met by holding daily check-ins with the team, and other meetings where necessary
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years in people management within a corporate setting
- Proven track record of driving a successful sales cycle from plan to close
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Superb leadership ability
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time
- Ed Tech experience
- Proven success rate at levels above quotas
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com has implemented a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you'll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.