Full Stack Website Developer 🔥
Vermilion is a 40+ year-young, full-service creative agency located in Boulder, Colorado. As a Certified B Corporation and Public Benefit Corporation, we are dedicated to working with clients who make a positive impact in our world like Protect Our Winters (POW), Leave No Trace, The Phoenix, Jack & Annie's, and the Gill Foundation to name drop a few. We offer strategy, creative, and digital services to purpose brands in the natural and CPG space along with outdoor + environmental and health + well-being organizations.
Vermilion is looking for a website developer to help us build beautiful and functional websites for our clients. As an essential part of our small, collaborative team, you’ll get the chance to build new projects for important and exciting clients, create enhancements for existing websites, and troubleshoot issues with older sites that we have built. You will be joining our in-house development team, working closely with our UX, design, and digital marketing teams.
Vermilion is not a software development agency, it’s a forward-thinking creative agency looking for a resourceful web developer to create interactive experiences and technologies that amplify design. A large portion of our website work involves building fully custom websites leveraging WordPress.
- Develop and extend custom WordPress sites and other custom website builds
- Create integrations with third party services and CRMs
- Maintain completed websites and provide support to ongoing client partners
- Champion the development point of view in client meetings and reviews
- Collaborate closely with the design and UX teams
- Manage technical communications with account managers and clients
- Create moments to introduce creative technology and interactivity throughout the website process
What We’d Like To See:
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects at a time
- Be a strong communicator with team members and clients
- Be excited to partner with creatives to build remarkable solutions for our clients
- Be ready to jump in and solve solutions as they arise
- Strong background in the LAMP stack. Our team primarily works in WordPress, so if you’re interested in working primarily with Drupal, Rails, etc., this is not the position for you.
- Knowledge and experience in UX best practices. You need to be skilled at recommending improvements to designers. At times, you’ll need to articulate your rationale to clients.
Required development skills:
- 2+ years of full stack website development experience
- PHP or similar object oriented programming language
- WordPress knowledge
- CSS (using SASS)
- Responsive design
- Git workflow
- Command line tooling (such as webpack)
Nice to have:
- Experience working with creative agencies
- Experience with eCommerce, specifically Shopify or WooCommerce
- Based in Colorado
- Unix Server Administration
- Bedrock & Sage experience, by Roots.io
What To Share
Share your resume and a cover letter that demonstrates your passion for technology and why you’re interested in joining the Vermilion team.
- This is a full-time position in our Boulder, CO office with the option to work remotely. Vermilion uses a hybrid office model. This role is USA-based only.
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, wellness reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays (including 1-week Winter Holiday between Christmas and New Year’s Day), dog-friendly office.
- Anticipated salary range: $70,000 - $85,000
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Vermilion Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This role is salaried full-time, working approximately 40-hours per week, and is exempt from overtime
We believe that it is crucial to fill our agency with diversity from a broad range of backgrounds, ages, and perspectives. We are committed to recruiting and retaining people from communities that have long been underrepresented, not only in creative agencies generally, but particularly in management and leadership roles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or other groups that diversity encompasses, and we will prioritize qualified applicants that would increase the diversity of our team. Vermilion is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Vermilion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please, no recruiters.