Senior Marketing Data Analyst, Media 🔥
Squarespace is looking for a Marketing Analyst to join the Marketing Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to help shape Marketing strategy and uncovering opportunities for growth through analytics-driven recommendations and informed decision making. The scale and scope of our marketing activities (from award-winning ad campaigns to multi-product CRM efforts to international partnerships) means you will attack complex, interesting, and impactful questions.
In this role, you will work closely with all Marketing functions to drive growth and expand Squarespace's user-base, with a focus on supporting our in-house Media team as they plan, execute, and optimize full-funnel campaigns across Brand and DR goals and online and offline channels. You will serve as a central resource with ownership of multiple project lanes and support a wide variety of data-centric needs, from designing and delivering reporting, to campaign experiment design, to data-driven guidance on creative and media strategy. You will also work closely with our Data Science, Data Engineering, FP&A, and Product teams, partnering with your counterparts to surface insights and provide actionable recommendations that directly impact our business across the company. If you enjoy supporting a diverse set of strategic initiatives with the common goal of growing and engaging our user base, then this role is right for you.
This role is based in our New York City headquarters and reports into the Manager, Marketing Analytics.
You'll Get To…
- Partner cross-functionally across the business to support marketing initiatives and growth goals, report on performance, determine measurement approaches, generate actionable insights, and set analytical strategy for new challenges
- Work as a thought leader in regards to setup and execution of omnichannel media testing, measurement and sharing/interpreting results
- Perform exploratory analyses on large volumes of data; extract, package and present insights and recommendations to stakeholders to inform marketing decisions
- Own and expand existing dashboards and reporting, surface insights to business users, and democratize data access that empowers teams to better understand and act on data and key metrics
- Oversee and collaborate with engineering team in construction of data pipelines, including research, validation, and maintenance of data to enrich and enhance marketing data assets
- Partner with Data Science and Data Engineering to build infrastructure that supports analytical rigor and to develop models and tools that drive business impact
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities through quantitative and qualitative data analysis and help support the teams in developing strategic solutions
- 4+ years experience in analytics function with an advertising agency, ad tech company or supporting a Marketing team
- Experience supporting Media programs specifically; familiarity with key metrics and measurement strategies across Brand and DR goals and online and offline channels (experience in working with Paid Search and other direct response channels a plus).
- Mastery of SQL, experience with Python, BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Tableau) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion and transformation.
- Advanced Excel/google sheets skills including pivots, vlookups, ability to build complex formulas
- Experience with developing analytical frameworks, metrics to measure ongoing business performance and understand key performance drivers
- Experience with experimental design and analysis
- Knowledge of marketing tech stack and digital data technologies (DMPs, GA, pixel tracking, etc.)
- Familiarity with web analytics packages and tracking platform
- Ability to transform data into a digestible and presentable story based on the audience and confidence in communicating effectively with a wide-range of audiences
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.