Cloud Operations Engineer I 🔥
Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end users love and organizations trust.
We are a group of curious, self-starters with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,000 employees worldwide with offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Australia. To learn more visit: .
Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose an assigned desk, a shared desk, or connect remote from your home office.
What You'll Do at Jamf:
The Cloud Operations Engineer I works with the Online Services team to provide installation, monitoring, backup, recovery, and issue resolution for the Linux-based cloud infrastructure used in delivering Jamf technologies. They are responsible for maintaining operation of the environment in accordance with service level agreements and providing support to both staff and customers.
- Monitor Linux system, database, and network performance to detect problems early and respond within an SLA
- Effectively triage emergent situations, and resolve or escalate incidents in accordance with an SLA
- Monitor software and network security on team managed servers and networks
- Configure and maintain server auditing and network monitoring tools
- Develop and implement performance tuning steps for application, system, and network configurations
- Provide solutions and direction to customer issues via phone or email in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain and expand technical documentation of processes and procedures
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Participate in system administration duties for cloud-based server infrastructure
- Perform light programming/scripting tasks in Bash, PHP, and Python
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of knowledge of Jamf products
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an IT operations environment (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year Systems Administration experience, on any platform (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with Linux/Unix command line interfaces, including shell scripting (Required)
- General Experience managing priorities and responding effectively to emergent incidents both independently and with a team (Required)
- 2 year / Associates (Required)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Recently named a Best Workplace in Technology, Fortune Magazine 2021.
- We know that big ideas can come from anyone, so we empower everyone to make an impact. Our
more than 90% employee retention rate agrees!
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 50,000 global
customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We put people over profits – which is why our customers keep coming back to us.
- Our volunteer time off allows employees to support and give back to our communities.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure
Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes).
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world.
You are the right kind of Jamf if:
You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are a problem solver, curious and resourceful, self-driven and constantly improving. You roll up your sleeves and dig in. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who just wants to do the right thing.
Our mission is simple; we help organizations succeed with Apple. At Jamf, we put people first. We strive to do what’s right – for our customers, our employees, and our communities. In the spirit of our values of selflessness and relentless self-improvement, we seek to learn, engage, and grow. We better ourselves for the betterment of others. All voices are critical to the innovative and collaborative work that we do. It is important that all of our Jamfs feel comfortable being their truest selves at work. Be your best self, and let your individuality shine at Jamf!
Get social with us: , , or follow the conversation at #OneJamf