Remote Product Designer 🔥
Relive is an app used by more than 15 million people to track and share their outdoor adventures. We think that being outdoors and exploring the world around you is amazing for your mental and physical wellbeing, and we're on a mission to get everyone exploring the outdoors and living a healthy and active life.
We're growing fast (100% YoY for most metrics). We currently grow 100% organically via viral/word of mouth growth loops - users share an activity from Relive to their social media and that triggers their friends to sign up too. This works because our users love our product and love to share it with their friends and family. We are aiming to have more than 100 million users of Relive within the next 3 years.
🕵️♀️ Product Designers at Relive
We're looking for a product designer to join our team to help build amazing experiences that our users love. You'll be part of a small team (you + 5) and be given a clear focus area.
Your job is to understand our users and their needs through continuous (and fast) qualitative and quantitative research, distilling what you learn into actionable insights. That means talking to our users constantly and using a variety of methods to help understand them deeply. You'll work closely with your Product Manager to prioritise these insights and convert them into clearly defined problems and opportunities.
You'll take the lead in proposing solutions to these user problems - starting with ideation and moving into fat-marker sketching, wire-framing, or high fidelity prototyping or visual design as needed (hint - most things don't benefit from high fidelity). Once these solutions are in the hands of our users you'll work to understand their impact and learn how we can improve and iterate in the future.
💡 What would I work on?
We're planning to start investing in a few new areas of our product. Depending on when you join you'll end up being given a clear focus with your kick-ass team. Some examples of team focus areas we're investing in for 2022 include:
- Helping users to understand their health and wellness. Our users want our support in staying active, understanding how they are improving over time, and ultimately helping them to live healthier lives. This takes different forms for every user and can be a key reason to keep using Relive long into the future.
- Enabling communities to gather and thrive on Relive. Everything from your local running club to your favourite athlete to the national park you've been dying to visit. You'll either be focused on providing creators or community members with the tools and experiences they need to get inspired to explore the outdoors, and to stay happy and healthy.
- We work in empowered and autonomous product teams. The teams are given clear focuses areas, ambitious objectives, and the safety and trust to do amazing things. The best summary of this mindset is Inspired by Marty Cagan.
- Our product is growing really fast - we're well on our way to 100 million users. This gives you an enormous pool of passionate people to continuously talk to.
- The way we work as product teams is at the forefront of modern product building - no scrum, no backlogs or estimates, no coordinating across different departments, no red tape or CEOs telling you what features to build. Just smart people with high autonomy and lots of context about our users and the problems they face.
- We invest heavily in your personal development. You'll be mentored by some amazing and highly experienced product leaders, and you'll get to put what you learn into practice by shipping every single week.
- If you want to work on a consumer product with insane growth and are ready to grow yourself and learn faster than you could ever imagine then Relive could be the place for you.
👋 Remote first
We believe working at Relive should, just like our product, help you lead a healthy and happy life. It's important to be able to work flexibly - where you work, when you work. Being able to head out for a run to clear your head, or being able to work from nature for a few weeks per year. How much time you spend in front of your keyboard isn't what matters.
That's why we work remote first. It means our way of working enables remote working for everyone. It's up to you where and when you want to work. We trust you to spend your time wisely. All our rituals and teams are designed for remote working.
You can work in any country in the +/- 1 hour CET time zone range, as we've not mastered the art of working across many timezones and we don't plan to invest our time in that challenge in the next few years. We're also happy to help you relocate to the Netherlands if you prefer. Like to have a change of scenery? You can work from any co-working space, no matter where you're located. We'll cover these costs.
We expect everyone on the team to get together a few times a year as we think it's important to make in-person bonds to strengthen our relations. That means a few times a year you can expect to travel to spend time with your team, make connections, and have fun together.
💛 Happy at Relive
✔ €55k to €70k salary
✔ Stock appreciation rights (SAR) that kick in after one year
✔ Lots of opportunities for personal growth and development
✔ Parent-friendly culture
✔ Our epic Explorers Policy:
🌍 Live & work from any country within -1/+1 CET
🏢 Unlimited use of any co-working space
☕ Monthly €50 allowance for your home office
🕒 Flexible working hours
🎉 2x company retreats per year to meet in person (and do fun stuff)
💻 Get all the tools you need to be productive