Devops Engineer, Security and Compliance 🔥
Datavant is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company with a mission to connect the world’s health data. By eliminating data silos in the healthcare industry, we aim to unlock opportunities to accelerate medical research, and help organizations design better ways to facilitate access, affordability, and quality of care leading to better patient outcomes.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, fully remote team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We look for people who are smart, nice and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team (no office locations) and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs -- learn more!
Datavant is looking for DevOps engineers who love problem solving, thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and who share our drive to transform the healthcare industry. In exchange for your time and talent, we'll give you ownership and an unprecedented amount of responsibility from day one.
At Datavant, we believe in learning by doing, so we give you access to our code base on your first day. By the end of your first week, you will have built, fixed (and probably broken!) things in our production code. That’s not only okay; it’s expected. One of our guiding values is "give more responsibility, have fewer rules”.
As DevOps Engineer, Security and Compliance at Datavant, you will be involved in securing and building infrastructure solutions and automations to increase security, vulnerability management and evidence gathering. You will work closely with the Security team, while collaborating closely with peers. You will be a hands-on contributor to the DevOps team in addressing our company’s cloud infrastructure security, CI-CD security tooling, and security operations.
- Automate infrastructure provisioning (prefer infrastructure-as-code), evidence gathering and monitoring.
- Build tools, processes, scripts, and workflows that help accelerate the DevOps and security team to have a efficient security operation center workflow
- Work closely with security team to address vulnerabilities, evidence gathering and securing our infrastructure
- Mentor other software engineers on devsecops best practices
- Experience with standard security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management
- Knowledge of AWS services and management including containerization (Docker) and container orchestration (EKS, GKE, AKS)
- Build and maintain infrastructure through code (IaC)
- Well versed with operations management. Ability to automate manual operations work.
- Great at working with non-artificial intelligence: good team player, and exceptional communicator
- 5+ years of relevant DevOps engineering experience
- Deep experience in one or more of the following areas: authentication and authorization, operations, network security, web application security, Kubernetes, Terraform, CI/CD, test automation (especially E2E tests and associated environment setup), designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based solution architectures.
- Passionate about building a big business that transforms the healthcare industry
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about the ambiguity of an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company, and able to juggle many projects and responsibilities
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.