Devops Customer Engineer, Emea 🔥
As a DevOps Customer Engineer, you will be responsible for providing world class post-sales technical leadership for our highest value customers. Working directly with end users and up to senior decision-makers within customer software engineering teams, you will be the authority on both the CircleCI platform and Continuous Integration and Deployment as a general practice. You will be responsible for delivering value by driving adoption of CircleCI across the depth and breadth of customer organisation.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical capability and preferably some experience in CI/CD and DevOps practices. You will have a self-starter mentality and the ability to create and maintain deep, lasting relationships with customers. You’re going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with.
About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering organisation’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Customer Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements, from onboarding to implementation to scale. Customer Engineering currently comprises DevOps Customer Engineering (your team), Solutions Engineering (your pre-sales counterparts), and Support Engineering (the global support team). There is opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth and promotion within, as well.
- Work closely with customers to help them setup CircleCI, both on circleci.com and in their own private cloud, including any custom setup they may need.
- Partner with your Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers as well as act as the dedicated technical point of contact.
- Be creative and scrappy in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions.
- Build standards for onboarding across different technologies.
- Act as the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to help Product and Engineering improve the product.
- Code and commit relevant upgrades and changes to the CircleCI codebase.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the customer experience across the whole platform.
- Become an expert on the CircleCI solution.
- 3+ years of technical product support, engineering, or experience deploying software in the enterprise.
- Experience working directly with customers to debug common errors.
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions.
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix.
- Git and GitHub knowledge required.
- You’ve developed and maintained an app or two in a high-level programming language.
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers.
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security.
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role.
- Ability to solve networking issues that may prevent communication between different components.
- Working knowledge of Docker and/or kubernetes.
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android).
- Knowledge of Go and Clojure a plus!
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Management of autoscaling technologies (e.g. launch configurations in AWS).
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems. Familiarity with Nomad, specifically, a plus!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.