Senior Data Scientist - News Characterization 🔥
Location: Dublin or remote
Huawei Consumer Business Group focus on User Experience to craft leading cloud services globally. Huawei Consumer BG continue to focus on intelligence and interaction, and devote efforts to developing the intelligent devices of the future, in order to bring about tremendous improvements to the user experience.
Adopting a customer experience-centric approach, Huawei's Consumer Cloud Services aim to provide users around the globe with high-quality digital cloud services in order to enhance user experience and construct a sustainable cloud service ecosystem for Huawei devices.
Huawei Consumer Cloud Services is committed to providing users with a range of secure, rich, and high-quality services through device-cloud collaboration and by adopting a distinct Internet-based approach. We provide leading cloud services.
Huawei Application Gallery is now one of the top app stores in the world, serving users in numerous countries in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America. HiCloud services connect with more than 100 million Huawei phones worldwide, providing users with personal data syncing, storage, and management. Millions photos and new contacts are added daily, and huge amount of data has been stored on the cloud. SkyTone brings together more than 50 carriers across 80 countries and regions to provide SIM-free Internet access for millions of users of high-end Huawei phones. Huawei Videos, an amazing, ad-free video service, adopts WiseVideo technology to provide more vivid, smoother videos with beautiful color.
Huawei Consumer Cloud Services provides developers with the capability to serve users around the world, and is committed to building an open and inclusive ecosystem that benefits all.
Huawei Consumer Cloud Services reaches users in more than 200 countries and regions. Accordingly, Huawei Consumer Cloud Services has obtained the relevant approvals in security and private data management in multiple countries and regions around the world. Huawei Consumer Cloud Services continue to deploy cloud services around the world, work alongside partners to provide users with a range of secure and high-quality digital cloud services, unleash its cloud capabilities, and spearhead the sound development of the industry.
About the Role
Huawei Ireland Research Centre (IRC) mission is to position Huawei as a recognized technology leader and a global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) solutions. To achieve this we are building an industry-recognized multi-discipline Research Centre of experts with focus on medium-term to long-term issues. The IRC will work closely with an open innovative ecosystem with Huawei customers to address real-world issues. The IRC will also engage with key European universities to build a basic research capability to support Huawei technical projects.
In this role, you will have the chance to work on projects that impacting millions of people. Characterizing news, from the basic task of stemming, to entity recognition, topic identification, or document embedding to help news recommendation systems providing even more relevant news to users.
Check out the Life at Huawei Ireland Research Centre:
- Work with text data and applying NLP techniques in various languages
- Dataset acquisition
- Literature review and investigate the state of the art
- Build models with novelty, applicability, and practicality in mind.
- Model evaluation and iteration
- Write documentation, papers, or patent application (whichever applicable)
- Navigate ambiguity that might occur in the projects or relationship with stakeholders
- Technology transfer of the models and working closely with business units
- Passionate about data and machine learning
- Experience in NLP techniques
- Programming experience in Python, R, C, or C++
- Research experience, you have PhD in computing-related fields (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics)
- Software engineering background, e.g., you have a Computer Science background, or software engineering working experience
- Able to work independently and as a team, and drive a project from its inception to the finish line on time
- Publication track records in top tier computing conferences or journals
Our team speak English, however if you additionally understand one of these languages, it is a plus (but not required): German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Arabic, Malay, and Thai.
This is a full-time position at our Ireland Research Center based at Townsend Street in Dublin 2, Ireland.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO MAY LIVE AND WORK IN IRELAND or EU WITHOUT RESTRICTION CAN BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF REPLIES, ONLY CANDIDATES WHO ARE SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruitment Privacy Notice: