Data Science & Analytics Lead 🔥
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We achieve this by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with other classmates who share their passions, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own paths. Our small group classes meet over live video chat with teachers who celebrate their unique strengths and empower all learners to develop confidence and a strong sense of self.
We're also focused on removing barriers for historically underserved learners who face systemic challenges to their success. In 2020, we started and began offering financial assistance to families in need. We are currently creating an Educator Endowment Fund to appreciate the teachers who are so central to our mission of inspiring kids to love learning.
We believe that diversity drives learning. To meet our mission, we encourage, support, and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. As a fully distributed (remote) team, we challenge one another to find the most effective way to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Your name, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and age are not barriers; they are why we want to work with you. We invite talented and creative candidates who value the importance of nurturing a child's boundless curiosity to join us on this journey.
The pandemic has been challenging for families all over the globe. We acted quickly and worked together to provide quality resources to learners, parents, and teachers in the past year. As communities worldwide rethink their approach to education, Outschool will continue to innovate and provide kids with unique opportunities to explore their passions.
Last year recognized Outschool as the newest EdTech unicorn. We've also been named ’s most innovative EdTech company in the world, and one of the top ten best startups for women from .
Outschool is searching for a Data Science & Analytics Lead to join our team. We're looking for someone with demonstrated experience in recruiting, hiring, managing, and mentoring Data Scientists and Analysts. You'll collaborate with members of all teams, working especially closely with Data Engineering and Product, forging strong partnerships. Ideally, you have experience driving teams to become trusted thought partners and have worked cross-functionally to bring organizations to a state of being truly data-driven.
- Recruit, hire, manage, and mentor world-class Data Analysts and Data Scientists
- Leverage your people management and technical expertise as well as design thinking to help a growing team of Data Scientists and Analysts deliver high-impact, actionable insights
- Improve reporting and data tools to empower data-driven decision making across our Product and Business teams
- Set your team up for success by leveraging business insights, technical acumen, and strong cross-functional partnerships to communicate decisions via a clear data roadmap
- Partner with Product leaders to identify, analyze, and size opportunities to drive product prioritization and strategy
- Manage tracking the progress of feature rollouts and the long-term success of products
- Lead teams to solve mission-critical business problems with appropriate statistical rigor
- Ensure that projects have sound technical architecture and make use of appropriate technologies
- Strong track record of managing, mentoring, and hiring data analysts and data scientists
- Significant experience conducting statistical analysis to drive business impact using Python or R, and SQL
- Experienced team leader with the ability to effectively and strategically support the data needs of an organization and work closely with key stakeholders, including Data Engineering
- Proven experience guiding data architecture, data pipelines, and ensuring data quality
- Skilled in experimentation, including design, communicating experimental setup, implementation, and interpreting results for stakeholders
- Understanding of marketplace dynamics and the unique data needs for these business models
- Familiarity with consumer facing business metrics and best practices for measurement (eg Retention, CAC, LTV etc.)
- Working knowledge of machine learning, predictive modeling, and causal inference methods
- Strong communication skills, specifically when driving projects in a leadership role
- Experience with owning DBT pipelines and visualization of those in tools such us Looker
- Experience and understanding of large-scale online marketplaces or business
- Experience working with education data
- Have worked at a high growth startup and wore many hats while doing so, not just the data one
- Experience at companies with social impact or non-profit divisions
•Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and investment plans that make saving for retirement easier.•Health & Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth. •PTO & Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends. •Fully Distributed: With a team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.•Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool! •Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established charities and has committed to donating $3M to non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to neurodiverse individuals, applicants with physical and mental disabilities, and disabled veterans. For individuals who would like to request an accommodation, you may reach out to us at email@example.com or through your Recruiting point of contact as you schedule your initial interview.
Benefits packages are included for full-time employees only.Full-time employees must be a citizen or legal residents of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.