Cloud Engineer Ii 🔥
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads on GCP or other Public Clouds.
- Automation experience with at least one configuration management system such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, or other such tools.
- Experience working at least one of the following languages: Python, Go.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Proficient in leveraging CI and CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker) to automate testing and deployment.
- Experience working in an Agile, fast paced, DevOps environment.
- Knowledge (preferably experience) in building distributed, highly available applications or systems architectures.
- Strong Linux skills. Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of common web servers such as: Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of MySQL/MariaDB. Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Varnish, Squid, Memcached, Redis and other similar technologies.
- Experience in the configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Hadoop, Hive, Spark and other parts of the Hadoop Ecosystem.
- A working understanding of Load balancers and Load balancing methodology.
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery methodology and implementations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field desired (or equivalent work experience) and 3-4 years experience.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect within 90 days of starting role.
- Nice to haves:
- Proficiency in Python or Go.
- Experience working in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC) with Kubernetes exposure.
- One or more of the following certifications: Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect or Google Certified Professional Data Engineer prior to moving into role.
- Relevant technical certifications in Google Compute Platform, RedHat, MySQL, and other related technologies.
- Experience of working with Service Oriented or Microservices Architectures.
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.