Instructional Designer or Fully Remote) 🔥
Job location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28277
Charlotte, NC Hybrid or Fully Remote. To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed. When our offices reopen, the organization will be moving to a hybrid work model.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of learning solutions and experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner in line with the company's messaging, culture and branding. The instructional designer must be able to communicate effectively and work closely with various lines of business to ensure training needs, objectives and content are aligned and projects remain on schedule.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling online course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work closely and efficiently with subject matter experts and identify target audience's training needs
- Research, coordinates, and edit existing data sources to produce layouts that meet established branding standards and guidelines.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.)
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop assessment instruments
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of course development software such as Articulate 360 and Adobe Captivate. The ability to storyboard is preferred.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Industry experience required with advanced education, credentials and/or licensing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey information effectively to a variety of audiences at all levels
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to plan, identify, coordinate and track critical activities, milestones and deliverables
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Qualtrics
- Knowledge of SuccessFactors LMS system capabilities
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational technology or similar.
- Compensation: Base salary ranging from $80,000 to $95,000 plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results
- Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, annual incentive plan, and employee stock purchase plan
- Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
- Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability