Is Developer Iii
Our customer is a leading Hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since their start in 1855, they have been the birthplace for countless breakthroughs and dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine. Built on a foundation of delivering safe, high-quality, family-centered care, our customer has fostered medical discoveries and innovations that have improved pediatric healthcare and saved countless children’s lives. Today, families facing complex conditions come to our customer from all over the world, and their compassionate care and innovation has repeatedly earned them a spot on the U.S. News & World Report's Honor Roll of the nation's best children's hospitals.
We are seeking an IS Developer III with our customer’s Philadelphia work facility. This is a fully remote, contract-to-hire position.
An IS Developer III is a senior level position responsible for creating solutions to business problems by designing, testing, and programming software applications. This role will work closely with business partners, analysts, and cross functional teams to translate requirements into workable programming code. This role is a subject matter expert in their domain that will lead teams on complex projects and mentor junior developers.
- Performs routine operational support, maintenance and system configuration as defined in departmental operating procedures.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves data and complex workflow solutions and issues of intermediate complexity. Demonstrates ability to diagnose and resolve technical, management, and business issues and to recommend areas for process improvement or innovation.
- Adept at working on multiple concurrent projects with nominal supervision, capable of educating, coaching, and overseeing the activities of less experienced staff and other team members.
- Attends specific client-based meetings and directs the communication of client needs to the appropriate support/service groups.
- Actively participates with clients, internal and external, to elicit, analyze and document business and functional requirements through requirements workshops, interviews or meeting sessions with Project Sponsors, SMEs and other Stakeholders to diagnose and resolve complex technical, management, and business issues. Identify and document business and technical requirements using standard templates.
- Participates in the development, validation and execution of comprehensive test plans.
- Monitors effectiveness of current business practices and identifies areas for improvement/innovation. Has exceptional skills and expertise of business processes, and IT systems. Is an expert on business unit operations and business need for IT solutions.
- Performs 24/7 on call support if applicable.
- Exhibits strong facilitation and communication skills and interacts with all hospital medical, technical and business personnel.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Frameworks like Symfony
- PHP 7+ preferred
- Ajax requests to utilize PHP
HTML5 / CSS:
- Bootstrap for responsive, mobile-friendly design
- Creating database architecture which utilizes relationship design
- Linux / RHEL
- Manage file permissions
- Install packages
- Cross browser compatibility testing
Setting expectations with clients
- Creating scopes or work
- Driving discussions about project requirements
Required Education: Bachelors of/in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or equivalent work experience. Preferred Experience: Relevant experience (2-5 years) within a healthcare environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $60.00 - $65.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- PHP: 7 years (Preferred)
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote