Staff Accountant + Tax 🔥
- Prepare filings for state and local taxes in CA, WA & NM, including but not limited to: sales/use, B&O, and OPT tax.
- Prepare assigned journal entries including personal property tax entries, accrual entries, prepaid entries, correcting entries, and reversal entries.
- Preparation of assigned balance sheet and income statement reconciliation schedules.
- Contribute to the timely completion of the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes within a 5-day deadline.
- Assist with the completion of monthly financial analysis and quarterly SOX analysis.
- Review and analysis of monthly project profit and loss statements including fluctuation and trend analysis, and comparison of current period results against prior periods and forecast benchmarks.
- Prepare documents requested by auditors.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining lease accounting schedules in accordance with ASC 842.
- Ad hoc reporting and journal entries as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned such as:
- Assist with review of accounts payable support for check/ACH disbursements.
- Assist with fixed asset schedules, adds, disposes and transfers assets as required, balance fixed asset software to general ledger and roll-forward.
- Assist with weekly payroll entry and project charge entry.
- Assist with work-in-progress entries and schedules.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented team player with excellent organizational skills desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently move from task to task.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from an accredited university.
- 3 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced computer user skills with an aptitude for efficient use of software.
- Advanced level Excel user.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Prefer construction, telecom, or engineering industry experience.
- Able to perform the physical tasks required in this position for the entire assigned shift.
- Sitting - approximately 6 to 8 hours daily.
- Keyboard/mouse usage - approximately 6 to 8 hours daily.
- Standing - less than 2 hours daily.
- Walking approximately 1 to 2 hours daily.
- Bending/twisting less than 1 hour daily.
- Lifting (weights up to 40 lbs.) - rarely.
- Lift & carry (weights of 25 lbs.) - occasionally.
Benefits and Company Summary: Benefits Include
- Competitive Pay.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching.
- Stock Purchase Plan.
- Short & Long Term Disability.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO).
At CableCom you’ll be joining a family where we are committed to supporting each other and building a collaborative team environment. As part of our team, your opportunities are endless. Join us, where you can be a part of a team dedicated to providing world class customer service. If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website https://cablecomllc.us/careers/ EEO: Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.