Senior Accountant 🔥
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
What We’re Offering
- Paid time off plus paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision insurance plan
- Life insurance, short/long term disability, tuition reimbursement, flex spending, and employee stock purchase plan
- 401K plan
- Culture: We value and strive for excellence in all that we do through innovative technology by creating long lasting relationships with our stakeholders, co-workers, and customers. We continentally strive to foster teamwork, engagement and enhance our employee’s skills and competence by providing appropriate training.
Compensation Range: 65,600 - 90,000
Compensation may vary based on applicant's work experience, education level, skill set, and/or location.
Under limited supervision, performs accounting work requiring the use of professional concepts. Exercises professional judgment to resolve moderately complex accounting problems. Prepares journal entries, reconciles ledger accounts, balances ledgers, prepares profit and loss, income, and balance sheet statements. May maintain accounting records for an organizational unit. Recommends ways to improve current processes and apply correct accounting procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Project accounting for service business
- Business partner who supports business unit leaders with P&L review, financial reports/models and guidance to improve financial results
- Provide timely and accurate month-end financial closing
- Prepare journal entries
- Review and analyze general ledger account balances
- Verify accuracy of financial data and make recommendations for corrections
- Perform financial and selling channel reporting
- Perform consolidation
- Perform trend analysis
- Support annual budget process
- Provide revenue recognition guidance
- Analyze headcount and budget vs. actual statistics
- Ensure accounting standards are followed and identify process improvements where needed
- Assist in preparation for and completion of financial audits
- Back-up A/P area
- Bachelor's degree - accounting or equivalent
- 4 - 6 years' related experience
- Strong analytical skills – ability to analyze results, draw conclusions, and resolve issues
- Experience in financial accounting, project accounting and consolidation
- Prior SAP experience
- Familiar with service environment
- Excellent computer skills, organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a high growth business
- Ability to deal with diverse accounting matters
- Ability to provide proactive solutions
- Independent, hard-working, results-oriented individual with good business sense, strong resourcefulness, and initiative
- Good communication and management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination