Freelance Web Designer
We know restaurants because we love restaurants—they are the places where we spend a night off or a night out; where we toast to celebrations; where we reconnect and lose ourselves in mouthwatering meals and across-the-table conversations. We believe in the importance of our local favorites—and as the need for technology continues to rise, we’ve made it our mission to partner with restaurants and help them navigate the unknown.
Freelance Web Designer
What we need help with:
Restaurants come to us for help in amplifying their digital presence. We need innovative and resourceful designers to help our team convey our client’s brand in engaging ways through their website. You will work with Popmenu staff who communicate directly with our clients so you can focus on creating impactful and attractive sites for our top-tier clients!
Who we are:
Popmenu is an early-stage, venture-backed SaaS in the restaurant/hospitality sector. We help restaurants take real-time control of their menu and turn it into an essential tool for attracting and engaging guests. We are looking to expand our team of freelance web designers who create beautiful, responsive and ADA conformant websites using our proprietary platform and pre-established templates.
This is your contracting opportunity if you…
- Are looking for a steady stream of projects – We have a LOT of new clients coming onboard. We looking for freelancers who are open to a lot of new projects.
- Have an eye for design - We’re looking for designers with a portfolio of creative and unique web designs, which could include graphic design experience. We want to make sure we create a “wow moment” for clients when they see their brand site. We will provide graphic and photo resources to enhance your designs as well.
- Have solid front-end development skills – You need to know HTML, CSS and Chrome DevTools but we will show you how to use our platform to build sites and how to use CSS to take our platform to the next level.
- Have access to a computer and a stable internet connection – This job is fully flexible and remote and you need to make sure you have the tools you need. You should have access to image editing software.
- Are organized and reliable - We move fast and our clients have high expectations. You should have excellent time management skills to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Have great communication skills and work independently - Restaurant owners are busy people, so you need to interpret their needs quickly and ask questions if something is unknown or ambiguous. We also need to know immediately if something prohibits you from completing the project since we won’t be over your shoulder.
- Move fast and hate mistakes – There is a lot to do and you need to self-check your work to make sure it’s accurate, ADA conformant and responsive.
- Flexible hours
- Fully remote work
- Experience with a wide variety of clients
- Endless opportunities to be creative!
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- Please provide a link to your portfolio.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Web Design: 1 year (Required)
- HTML5: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote