Experience Designer I 🔥
The Consumer Innovation UX team at the UPMC Health Plan creates integrated, supportive, and engaging consumer experiences validated through research. A deep understanding of users' needs and business objectives is fundamental to our success in solving complex problems through innovative design methods.
As a UX Designer at UPMC Health Plan, you're a problem-solver, working to discover, investigate and understand complicated issues. To improve the experience and healthcare journey of our members, you will collaborate with fellow Designers, Researchers, and Product Managers in an interdisciplinary environment.
UX Designers work across the digital product lifecycle, from problem-framing with business stakeholders and user research, to designing experiences, validating designs through testing, and delivering them to software development teams. In your role, you'll have the opportunity to wireframe, prototype, and design interactions, as well as participate in information design and architecture.
Diversity and new perspectives are critical to our success, and we encourage people from all backgrounds with relevant skills to apply.
Successful candidates are able to:
- Participate in stakeholder and user research and workgroup sessions using human-centered design methods to frame problems and explore solutions.
- Understand business stakeholders' goals and objectives and how they relate to and impact product decisions.
- Work with more senior UX designers to frame problems, visualize, and refine requirements through rapid prototyping.
- Apply knowledge of human-computer interaction and human information processing principles to digital design.
- Synthesize and effectively communicate qualitative and quantitative discovery/research insights.
- Work closely with software developers and QA in a scaled agile environment.
- Work with more senior UX designers to create and deliver effective UX/UI specifications for audiences ranging from SMEs to software developers and technical QA team members.
- Seek to understand and respect others, moving from empathy to compassion in your life and work.
- Are passionate about advocating for customer needs.
- Embrace a growth mindset, always looking for opportunities to learn and improve.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (or comparable degree and/or experience).
- Experience in research, product design, service design, experience strategy, product development or related role.
- Related educational experience including internship/externship will be considered.
- Proficiency with research and/or design tools (i.e. UserZoom, dscout, Miro, Sketch, Figma, Axure, InDesign, or other equivalent tools).
- Experience in the health care or insurance industries is a plus.
- Good visual, written, and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with scrum/agile software development approach preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran