Learning Experience Designer-remote-usa
*This job is fully remote and can be located anywhere within the United States*
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people’s lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Learning Experience Designer (LED) analyzes, designs, and develops safety learning and performance improvement solutions to enhance safe practices, proficiencies, and effectiveness of both domestic/international audiences; which concentrate on current and future safety goals of the organization. The ideal candidate has talent at developing inspired, contemporary, and effective training solutions benefiting operations team members, safety professionals, supervisors, and facility managers, while partnering and consulting with other business units in designing and developing ancillary solutions. The LED will be responsible for learners’ success in achieving learning objectives and will also be responsible for safety results generated through learning and performance improvement solutions and tools (instructor-led (classroom and virtual), e-learning, job aids, coaching, learning management systems and other learning technologies).
Key Job Activities:
- Consulting with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to understand training needs in an expeditious environment.
- Evaluating existing training to identify opportunities to maximize the effectiveness of learning, through re-design.
- Creating and updating internal processes, templates, and versions to minimize future content development time.
- Developing storyboards and scripts, while converting them into appropriate interactive modalities (ILT/vILT, eLearnings, gamification, VR) and managing overall content enhancement within our LMS.
- Align your ingenuity and innovative ideas with the global strategic plans of the business.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Licenses and Required Competencies
- Instructional Design certifications a plus
- 3+ year of experience in professional instructional design, adult learning theory, training content evaluation, instructional facilitation, coaching, onboarding and train-the-trainer principles.
- Training experience in instructional design within a global organization a plus.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models.
- Demonstrated experience with varied modalities; to include video, graphic design, gamification, and ILT/vILT within Articulate 360.
- Proficiency in navigating and utilizing a variety of LMS platforms.
- Experience using data/metrics to meet business goals and drive performance improvement.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication abilities.
- Full proficiency with MS Office suite applications
- Hearing - perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Seeing - use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
- Sitting - sit for sustained periods of time
- Standing - stand for sustained periods of time
- Talking - expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Typing - type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc.,
- Visual Acuity - close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
- Walking - move about on foot to accomplish tasks
Travel: Travel may vary in length and duration
Education:Preferred Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent
We Have you Covered
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle
Stericycle is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected category. Stericycle is committed to protecting what matters and includes compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.