Python Development Engineer Ultifi - Sdv 🔥
Remote:This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. Theemployee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The UltifiPlatform supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. Ultifi / SDV (Software Define Vehicle) is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for advanced technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your teamwork muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
This is a remote position. We are looking for a Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain software tools. As a Python Developer, you would be responsible for writing and testing code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with other tools. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using client/server-programing and work well in a team. Ultimately, you will build highly interactive tools that align with our business needs.
Additional Job Description
- BS/MS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.)
- 2-5+ years of industry experience, especially in automotive related applications
- Writing scalable code using Python programming language.
- Testing and debugging applications as well as any experience developing back-end components
- Integrating user-facing elements using server-side logic.
- Experience of working on Google Protocol Buffers and gRPC
- Experience in developing Python base Test Management Tools
- Familiar at least one popular Python framework (Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takeinitiative/self-directed
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline development
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin, C++
- Experience in Android Apps and Services development
- Experience in integration of python base test tool with JIRA
- Experience in building Simulators/Emulators for Android base devices
- Exposure to embedded system, IoT and connected car environment
- Understanding of Android based devices architecture, Pub/Sub architecture
- Understanding of technologies/protocols like JSON, XML, WebSockets, Pub/Sub(MQTT) etc.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.