Sr. Software Engineer - Content
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
Note- This role is REMOTE; we will consider candidates who are located anywhere within the United States.
At Under Armour we are rethinking how e-commerce should be done and we want brilliant engineers to help us create our next generation mobile apps. Taking advantage of cutting edge technology, we are assembling a modular, maintainable and performant mobile platform that leverages automation to give engineers a good balance of freedom, insight and accountability. We’re a small team of passionate engineers who live and breathe technology. We are growing and want you to become part of what is, and will continue to be, a challenging and exciting environment. We are looking for people whose idea of a good time is creating projects on their own and sharing them with the world. We’re looking for people who understand that they never stop learning and are excited by that. We’re looking for people who rejoice in elegant solutions to intractable problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including development, estimation, planning, and design sessions.
- Serve as a technical expert on a team of engineers.
- Develop and advise on architecture, systems design, roadmaps and project plans as it relates to multi-channel experiences.
- Act as a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability and usability.
- Participate in the development of a forward-looking technology roadmap that aligns / supports the global business strategy
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- 3+ years of experience as an engineer on a team of 3+ teammates.
- 1+ years of experience mentoring junior engineers.
- 3+ years of software development experience in a highly agile environment.
- 3+ years of experience implementing mobile solutions on specific operating system
- Comfortable in both Objective-C and Swift.
- Dedication to releasing a quality product on time: building software, supporting continuous integration/deployment, supporting git repositories, writing documentation, reviewing support tickets, testing, etc.
- Experience being a “hands-on” engineer building prototypes as well as troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience in all aspects of the software life cycle including providing support and services to other areas of the organization.
- Experience managing business expectations and scope as well as providing technology recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills for internal and external audiences.
Education And / Or Experience
- Computer Science BS or similar degree, or equivalent job-related experience
- Experience supporting a product with a consumer base of > 1MM Monthly Active Users strongly desired.
- No relocation provided
- This role is REMOTE; we will consider candidates who are located anywhere within the United States.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here.