Software Support Developer 🔥
As a Software Support Developer on our North American Surface Transportation (NAST) Support team, you will use your passion for technology and strong customer service orientation to support our custom, highly related, enterprise level software. In this role, you will collaborate with support analysts, business analysts, software engineers, and other support developers to provide technical support to our internal customer base. You will use your problem-solving skills to investigate issues, ensure the root problem is understood, and develop and implement effective long-term root cause solutions. Your eagerness to learn our systems and customer requirements, along with your positive attitude will ensure you experience success in the role.
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.
- Proactively review planned implementations and identify potential integration or problem areas that require monitoring
- Support existing applications, APIs and integrations as designated
- Review unfamiliar code to narrow down problems under time constraints and use those findings to propose and implement solutions
- Use your knowledge of overall system designs and flows to understand the scope of issues and reduce areas of potential impact
- Proactively and reactively identify, define, and add monitoring, tracing capability, metric collection, and reporting to systems to help uncover production issues
- Identify and document impact to existing systems using workflow diagrams, use cases, functional diagrams, and other diagrams as appropriate
- Develop application and process improvements for production performance and/or automate manual tasks
- 1+ year of experience supporting complex enterprise class systems
- Solid understanding and practical use of Microsoft development technologies such as VB.net, C#, XML, SQL, Object Oriented Development, and Web Services
- Ability to provide emergency technical support outside of business hours
- Experience debugging complex APIs using Visual Studio
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Experience working on RESTful API's (.Net and ServiceStack preferred) and Powershell scripts is a plus)
- Experience with software version control systems (Git preferred)
- Experience effectively delivering results in a fast paced, flexible environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTURE page.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.