Principal Devops Engineer 🔥
- This is a 100% remote job opportunity*
Paramount Streaming seeks a Principal DevOps Engineer for online television and media focused web properties. In this role, you will be responsible for building and maintaining infrastructure as code, performance monitoring, and automation tools in a diverse multi-cloud environment.
Overview & Responsibilities :
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Lead the design and implementation of our cloud infrastructure including CI/CD, provisioning, and monitoring.
- Deep troubleshooting related to failures, performance and networking including root cause analysis and building more fault-tolerant systems.
- Evaluate DevOps tools and software to determine best-in-class solutions.
- Support our diverse development teams across multiple products in an agile environment.
- Build infrastructure that enables our development teams to improve system scalability and reliability.
- Manage the full lifecycle of infrastructure and change management, including off-hours maintenance when needed.
We believe the right individual will possess the following skills to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years managing and monitoring Linux systems
- 5 + year of extensive experience building highly available, fault tolerant systems at a very large scale
- 5+ years leading the design and implementation of cloud based deployments using tools like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins or Ansible.
- Significant experience building infrastructure in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Ideal candidate will have past experience writing applications in languages such as Python, Go, or Java
- Ideal candidate will have past experience managing various database technologies, both relational and non-relational
- Ideal candidate will be comfortable planning and designing VPC networks as well as the various forms of cloud based network services and hybrid connectivity
- Deep attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with 3rd parties and to collaborate on solutions
- Systems experience in re-architecting legacy systems and managing on premise to cloud migrations
- Experience with data warehouse services like BigQuery or Redshift
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.