Customer Service Advocate 🔥
There has never been a more exciting time to join Millennium Health (MH). Bright and dedicated people, working together have created Millennium’s success. Our employees share a common goal of improving patients’ lives
The Customer Service Advocate (CSA) works in a Service Center environment and is the primary point of contact for inbound calls, Live Chat inquiries, and customer support tasks. The CSR’s daily objective is to provide a superior customer experience by collaborating with multiple cross functional operations teams to resolve customer issues. Customer support tasks include but are not limited to; new client set up, account and specimen management, clinical and billing support, shipping, equipment, and supply inquires. The ideal candidate will possess healthcare administrative and clerical support experience, be a self-starter, thrive in a fast pace customer-centric environment and embrace MH company values.
The following are intended to be examples of the tasks for which the person in this position is responsible. These tasks are not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and do not preclude management from assigning other or related tasks and projects for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Successfully and effectively address all calls and cases received in the Service Center.
- Maintain accurate call records of customer interactions or transactions including recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, to include action steps taken to resolve reason for call.
- Perform outbound calls to obtain information to complete specimen or billing processing and/or
investigate order issues.
- Process and facilitate requests for amended reports, add on tests, cancellation requests, and data entry errors.
- Access, enter, update, and maintain accurate customer account information in Laboratory Information System, CRM and other software platforms while speaking with the caller in real time.
- Provide technical support for MH customer portal.
- Route calls and cases to other departments when appropriate.
- Ensure HIPAA, Confidentiality and Compliance policy, procedures, and standards are always adhered to.
- Accurately process new client registrations, service contracts, customer agreements, and practice update forms.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to proactively identify customer training opportunities.
- Effectively build rapports with diverse internal and external customer base.
- Maintain competencies required for the position and specific areas assigned.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
CSAs wears a headset, take 30-40 calls per day (at times back to back), access and enter information into multiple systems while addressing callers’ concerns in real time, adheres to strict break/ lunch schedules, and must follow company attendance policy. Coaching, development, and performance discussions take place on a monthly basis. Successful completion of classroom and Service Center training is required. Successful completion of all assigned refresher training is required. Available shifts are 5am-1:30pm, 6am-2:30pm, 7am-3:30pm, 7:30am-4pm, 8am-4:30pm, 8:30am-5pm and 10:30am-7pm. Assigned/Available shift will be disclosed at time of interview.
Associated degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ in customer service, or similar role where ownership of managing the customer experience was/is emphasized. Healthcare/biotech experience preferred.
- Advanced customer service, problem solving, critical thinking and interpersonal skills with focus on quality and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively address heavy inbound calls, Live Chat and email volume.
- Ability to follow and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or Dept policies.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in
writing with customers, partners, and peers.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to find and correct mistakes.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through on tasks, projects, and assignments.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Flexible and adaptable with changing business needs.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with use of telephony systems.
- Previous experience using Salesforce and/or CRM solution database a plus.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Understand cell phones are not permitted on Service Center floor.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting and operate office equipment. Continuous sitting and upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity; light to moderate finger pressure to manipulate keyboard, equipment controls, and office equipment; pinch grasp to manipulate writing utensils. Frequent side-to-side turning of neck, occasional squatting, kneeling, and reaching above and at shoulder height; moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 10-20lbs. periodic reaching from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
- Regularly exposed to high pressure situations.
- Must be able to tolerate a moderate noise level.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and E-verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.