Cloud Business Development Consultant - Public Services
Apply now! Meet Your Team: The mission of the Compliant Cloud team within the IBU is to help optimize our business to drive success globally in the Public Sector market.
Candidates need to be motivated, organized, driven, and has proven success in building and delivering large-scale global programs in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in managing customer expectations, both internal and external, and assist in resolving escalated challenges.
They need to be able to work with ambiguity and multiple stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is someone that works well under pressure while managing, prioritizing, and completing projects over the course of months or quarters.
This individual has excellent communication and organizational skills, is approachable, proactive, and detail-oriented.
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Meet Your Team:
The mission of the Compliant Cloud team within the IBU is to help optimize our business to drive success globally in the Public Sector market. Candidates need to be motivated, organized, driven, and has proven success in building and delivering large-scale global programs in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The ideal candidate will be an expert in managing customer expectations, both internal and external, and assist in resolving escalated challenges. They need to be able to work with ambiguity and multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate is someone that works well under pressure while managing, prioritizing, and completing projects over the course of months or quarters. This individual has excellent communication and organizational skills, is approachable, proactive, and detail-oriented. This role reports to the Public Services Industry Business Unit SVP.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define and manage assigned program and project activities, including, but not limited to: scope and priority setting, driving technology and/or product requirements and scope from business requirements, project plans, identifying interdependencies, risk mitigation, issue tracking, quality management, resourcing, training and communication planning
- Effectively contribute to the global public sector ARR and revenue goals
- Drive stakeholder and leadership alignment across the business
- Build and monitor program metrics and KPIs while providing regular updates to leadership
- Provide regular and timely communication of program status and progress towards goals to executives
- Scope and document processes, highlighting lessons learned and opportunities for improvement
- Build and lead effective change management and communication strategies
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Central point of contact to drive cross-functional alignment, unblock critical program issues, and provide regular updates on program health, risks, issues, mitigation plans, roadblocks, needs, and successes
- Work independently and as a team with all Board Area counterparts to achieve objectives
- Provide input to and assist in building the public sector offering for SAP public sector customers
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Develop concepts and processes for continuous improvements of operational procedure, tools, processes and content
What You Bring:
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Proven success in building and driving projects within a large, complex program, including managing international, multi-cultural, and virtual cross-functional teams
- Ability to build consensus, create momentum, and work well cross-functionally with other departments and varying levels of management
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan and schedule
- Experience with developing content
- Proven success in building, analyzing, and monitoring KPI and success measures
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a focus on listening to stakeholder and customer needs
- Effectively innovate processes and approaches based on lessons learned
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Customer-focused interpersonal skills
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Significant personal initiative, high energy with a “can do” attitude and professional drive
- Critical thinker, ability to challenge existing processes productively and provide best practice solutions, while maintaining strong business relationships
Qualifications & Experience
- German and English language proficiency
- 5+ years of project or program management experience with increasing amount of responsibility
- Experience managing federal government projects or programs
- Experience with Microsoft Office including SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Word, Excel, experience with Smartsheet
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills
- Strategic planning experience preferred
- Cloud software implementation experience
Candidate preference in North America or Europe
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone.
SAP prioritizes employees returning to work in the office, if that makes sense for their team. All U.S. employees must be vaccinated to enter SAP offices or attend SAP events at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be fully vaccinated or to be approved by SAP for a legally permitted exemption prior to commencing work at SAP.
Requisition ID: 333005 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Global