Head/vp Of Marketing 🔥
At Apalon, we are focused on building category leading best-in-class mobile subscription apps that make everyday life better. A unique blend of passion and skills are at the core of our company's DNA, driving our team to produce top-rated, award-winning mobile experiences for millions of people around the world every year. We specialize in the Weather, Gardening and Picture Editing categories with our well known and highly rated apps Clime, Weather Live, Blossom, and Pixomatic.
Clime and WeatherLive are leaders in the large and attractive weather category with over 50% market share. Our strategy is to continue to evolve our weather products into easy to use, personalized experiences - embodying our slogan "Precise weather, precisely for you". Blossom,our fastest growing product, grew over 400% in 2021, winning a Google Play's Best Award in 2021 as well as a coveted Webby Award in 2022. By continuing to heavily invest in growth and branding initiatives, we believe Blossom has the potential to be the leading player in the fast-growing plant care category. Pixomatic,our photo editing app for creating vivid and unique content, grew over 300% in 2021 and is focused on making picture editing easy and fun for both business and recreational users no matter their skill level.
Apalon is a part of IAC (NASDAQ:IAC) in the Mosaic division. IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principles of financially disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC is today comprised of category leading businesses including Angi Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), Dotdash Meredith and Care.com among many others ranging from early stage to established businesses. IAC is headquartered in New York City with business locations worldwide.
As Head/Vice President of Marketing you will lead the entire Apalon marketing team and will be responsible for setting the strategic vision and marketing roadmap across the Apalon business to drive growth and achieve our business objectives. The ideal candidate will have experience leading a dynamic digital marketing team and a proven track record of effectively developing and instituting processes and best practices to achieve KPI results. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be a confident decision maker. As a core member of Apalon's leadership team, you will help guide the company through its next phase of growth and collaborate with business stakeholders to bring new and exciting features and applications to market, while also leading the coordination on strategic initiatives to support business objectives.
- Own vision, strategy and execution of marketing roadmap across the Apalon portfolio
- Lead a team of 20+ in delivering performance marketing and creative brand excellence
- Develop comprehensive multi-channel marketing strategies and optimize multi-million dollar investment across all advertising platforms; Create Marketing plans across multiple platforms (Google, Facebook, Instagram, Apple Search Ads, Twitter, Snapchat, TV, Web, Email, etc).
- Oversee app store optimization pipeline and track rank in app store to monitor and improve how our store presence drives bottom-line business results
- Unlock brand and offline marketing channels such as Linear TV, OTT, Podcasts, PR, partnerships etc
- Develop Brand Guidelines & tone of voice and create Social Media Marketing strategy
- Continuously evaluate the competitive landscape to identify opportunities and headwinds
- Define channel-level marketing goals that align with business objectives. Track and communicate progress against those goals over time. Establish KPI goals, marketing tactics and processes.
- Own the Marketing spend, performance forecast and the financial model inputs for our Budget
- Ensure the marketing team is operating at the highest level of performance, by mentoring team members and maintaining a high bar for hiring, as well as fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration
- Contribute in shaping the product planning and development process, representing marketing by communicating opportunities and challenges, and also contributing ideas based on your / your team's knowledge
- Evaluate ongoing resource needs to achieve short/long term business objectives
- 10+ years of relevant digital marketing experience, with 4+ years of experience leading and managing digital marketing team
- Exposure to and experience in other major marketing disciplines including brand marketing, PR, social media, partnerships etc
- Demonstrated experience and success in mobile app performance marketing including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple Search Ads, Snapchat, programmatic, and in-app advertising platforms
- Passion for and deep understanding of the mobile marketing vertical, including working with MMPs and understanding mobile marketing fraud
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Forecasting and budgeting experience
- Strong strategic mindset, combined with willingness to take hands-on approach as needed
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive presence
- Ability to effectively communicate opportunities and needs internally
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
What we offer
- A highly collaborative and supportive working environment
- Access to senior product and design leadership for coaching and mentorship
- An opportunity to build a discipline within a fast growing product company
- Freedom to make bold plans, generate buy-in, and execute those plans
- A safety net to make mistakes and learn from them (failure isn't fatal)
- Competitive salary & bonus structure
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits; with optional HSAs, optional life & disability insurance, and more