Senior Devops Engineer 🔥
Innovation is fuelled by the power of possibilities. A few years ago, it was virtually impossible to innovate because building software needed a degree, it was simply too expensive, too complex, too risky and ultimately too inefficient. That’s why only 16% of projects were ever done on budget and 78% failed.
We're changing that. We’re flipping software development on its head and kicking out the notion that you need to be an expert or do boot camps to learn how to make your app.’s platform lets you order the perfect software app for whatever problem you’re trying to solve. Our AI powered assembly line brings together Lego-like reusable features and experts from around the world to bring world-class ideas to life – ANYONE’s world-class ideas.
Building software needs to be like ordering pizza – pick what you want, get recommendations for the features you need and simply wait till it's cooked and ready for you.
Our human-assisted AI platform helps anyone build, run & scale tailor-made software. Everyone from the bakery in Riyadh and nursery in London, to large fortune 100 companies like the BBC or Pepsi.
Life at Builder
It’s a place where everything moves at lightning pace and most definitely not for the faint hearted. We celebrate diversity, push everyone to do more with less and yet provide a culture that allows everyone to experiment, push boundaries and learn by doing. Every Builder runs to our core value system of HEARTT (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust & Transparency) and we’re always looking for team players, with a point of view, a sense of humility and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
Our scale up is at the intersection of a quirky startup where designers and machine learning specialists work on problems together to savvy commercial teams working with finance folks to invent new business models. #WhatWouldYouBuild
Why We Need This Role
We are looking for a technical leader to help us achieve and maintain maximum potential in areas of scale, automation, security, and fault tolerance. This includes everything from multi-cloud application deployment to performance optimisation, orchestration and continuity.
Why You Should Join
This is a challenging and diverse role that requires you to build the platform and deployment tooling, nearly from the ground up. Only join this role if you are craving rapid growth, able to create a path in unchartered territory, and comfortable with trying, failing and course-correcting fast.
First Six Month Deliverables
What you’ll be doing in your first 6 months
Championing DevOps, automation, CI / CD and infrastructure as code.
Develop automation across multiple cloud providers.
Implement deployment tooling across multiple development teams.
Achieve certifications across AWS or Azure.
Our Tech Stack
Our in-house platform teams work with a variety of technologies that you'll get to play with. Experience in some would be an advantage but is not strictly necessary. Most important is using the right tool for the job so we’re always evaluating what tech makes the most sense and we’d love for you to have some input in this.
Latest stable versions of Ruby/Rails (2.7 and 6.0 at time of writing)
Docker and Kubernetes
Git & GitLab
Python with Django
Postgres, Redis, Redshift
AWS, Azure, GCP, Digital Ocean
- Solid background in running Kubernetes in production at scale.
- Good understanding of Kubernetes cluster internals and components.
- Experience running self-hosted Kubernetes in a microservice environment.
- Experience working with Helm charts.
- Excellent understanding of metrics, monitoring, and alerting in a Kubernetes microservice environment.
- Experience implementing CI/CD workflows in container-based environments.
- Hands-on experience in all facets of automation and systems architecture, with a particular focus on Linux and open source technologies
- In particular, experience in automating production Kubernetes deployments.
- Very experienced with a general-purpose programming language - python
- Matured views on continuous delivery, automation, testing, and the development processes in general.
- Well versed and experienced with open source tools commonly used to build continuous integration/delivery solutions, such as Git, Maven, Gradle, GitLab and Sonar
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication & enthusiasm
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken.
- Makes decisions based on data. Expertise in data-driven decision-making in a sales or partnership environment. You prefer making decisions based on deep analysis when it comes to evaluating sales achievements and course-correcting
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Proficient with Terraform
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible
- Create accurate documentation for use by the Development, QA, Technical Operations, Product, Support, and Operation teams
- Health and wellness benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Employee friendly policies
- Generous vacation and time off benefits, including paid holidays