Junior Product Designer
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with cross-functional product development teams to create best-in-class web-based solutions for our customers in field service businesses.
- Collaborate with other members of the UX team on company-wide design and education initiatives and actively critique and iterate to discover the best solutions.
- Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes.
- Help develop and maintain a design system (style guides, design patterns, etc.).
- Work closely with Product Design Manager, Product Owner, QA, and engineers to define use cases, gather requirements, plan user stories, implement designs, iterate, and track changes.
- Participate in user research: customer visits, interviews, focus groups, and feedback sessions.
- Effectively communicate and discuss designs with stakeholders.
- Actively research and stay abreast of UX topics and relevant technology trends.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- One to two years of experience designing business-oriented web and mobile applications, leveraging emerging technologies. SaaS or service design experience is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- A portfolio illustrating your UI work, UX work, wireframes, flows, and related deliverables.
- An attitude for interaction design.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to successfully develop and deliver products for the market (Agile development is a plus).
- Ability to coordinate and track user stories, use cases, and design deliverables (Jira experience is a plus).
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of front-end technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge of human factors and usability best practices. Knowledge of ADA/WCAG compliance is highly desired.
- Strong Figma skills.
- A passion for solving problems and making complex systems of interaction fluid and easy to use.
- Strong curiosity and drive to understand how things work envision how they might work better, and translate that vision into a compelling user experience.
- In-depth working knowledge of CSS and HTML is essential.
A GLOBAL COMPANY WITH A LOCAL PRESENCE:
- We know that there are benefits of being in the office and working from home. WorkWave promotes a healthy work/life balance and provides employees with the flexibility of collaborating in the office or the option to work virtually if desired.
- We have employees in over 30 states, 7 countries and many regional offices - each with their own set of perks and opportunities to give back to the local community.
- Whether you work remotely or take advantage of one of our offices, you’ll find a community of WorkWavers that value diversity, and care deeply about our products, clients, our communities and each other.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU DO IT:
- Our HQ is based at our state of the art home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey
- With everything you could find in a great downtown - from restaurants and retail to art and culture the Bell Works “Metroburb” is a microcosm of innovation, possibility, and inspiration and WorkWave is proud to be a part of it
- Pharmacy, urgent care, bank, restaurants, florist, gym, dentist, outdoor patio bar and weekly farmers market all conveniently located on the first floor - making running errands on a break a breeze.
- We work hard but play hard too...need a break? When in the office kick back in our common area, play a game of arcade basketball, video games in our game rooms or face off in a ping pong match
- WORKING REMOTE? Great! Our teams are well versed at working collaboratively in a fully virtual environment. We keep our offices available to all to use when working remotely isn’t feasible, or to help with cross training, team building and/or brainstorming.
- Employees can expect a robust benefits package, including health and dental, generous paid time off and 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust Employee Assistance Program through TotalCare offering free counseling 24/7/365, plus financial counseling, legal guidance, adoption assistance services and much more!
- 24/7 access to virtual medical care with Teladoc
- Floating time off for holidays and/or your birthday
- Quarterly awards based on peer nominations
- Regional discounts and perks
- Opportunities to participate in charitable events and give back to the community
- We understand the impact of attracting and keeping top talent and reward intellectual curiosity and a thirst for personal and professional growth
- Encouraging our employees that already have an intimate knowledge of and passion for our products to apply for other roles within our walls just makes sense!
- Our employees have access to extensive video libraries for soft skill and role specific training available 24/7 and live trainings are provided throughout the year
- 9 Time winner of Best Place to Work in New Jersey by NJBiz !
- WorkWave has been recognized with multiple awards for its outstanding products, growth and culture, including the Inc. 5000, SaaS Award, IT World Awards, Globe Awards, Silver Stevie Award for Employer of the Year, and Best Place to Work Inc. Magazine
WorkWave supports salary transparency, however please note that s alary estimates provided by websites (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc.) and not by WorkWave may not accurately reflect the actual salary range for the position.