Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide trainings for peer educators and others on graphic design, PPGNY’s brand, and use of PPGNY’s Canva account.
- Manage equity design style guide to outline plans and strategies for involving stakeholders and community in the design process as possible.
- Manage translation process of all bilingual design assets and materials.
- Advise internal stakeholders on visual and design strategies to reach specified goals and audiences.
- Manage PPGNY-wide “Health Center Style Guide” and “Marketplace” to streamline guidance on ordering and ensure all health center staff and staff across departments who need swag and materials can order them directly.
- Manage review and updates to clinical signage as needed, working closely with regional VPs, health center managers, HIPAA compliance officer and other stakeholders.
- Develop processes and tools for the Communications + Marketing team to ensure that the team can collaborate effectively and work with the organization at large (comms request form, comms memos, PPGNY brand toolkit, etc.). Manage on an ongoing basis.
- Work cross-functionally to identify workflow issues and integrate procedural improvements.
- This role will operate remotely but will eventually transition to a hybrid working arrangement. 100% remote applicants cannot be accommodated at this time.
- The applicant should be local to New York in any area near our regional clinics (NYC, Nassau, Ithaca, etc.)
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice
- Minimum education: High school diploma/GED
- Formal education in design, or in lieu of formal training, a strong portfolio of design work samples
- Minimum work experience: 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
What makes you stand out:
- Expertise in design within the health care field
- Experience working across multiple political entities
- $70,000- $75,000 yearly.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.