Pashto Interpreter In Milwaukee, Wi 🔥
Our organization is looking to fill a part-time (on-demand) Pashto interpreter position to help serve the Limited English Proficient population in our communities through language services. We provide in-person, video (VRI) and telephonic (OPI) interpreter services to our customers and enable cross-cultural communication across a wide variety of industries.
The Impact of Interpreting
As an interpreter or translator at International Languages, you'll be part of a supportive, diverse team committed to serving our communities through language. This means you'll enable patients to have meaningful access to their healthcare information and improve health equity through enabling patients to control communications about their health. Support top facilities nationwide with compliance and cultural competence across healthcare, education, government agencies, insurance, and other industries.
We offer interpreter training to bilinguals that meet the following qualifications:
- Advanced proficiency (written and verbal) in both English and the language pair.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and must work well in a diverse team
- Pass a background check and pre employment testing
- Demonstrate responsibility and good time management
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Willingness and ability to maintain HIPAA confidentiality rules
- Self-directed, responsible, and ability to maintain record of hours worked
- Detail oriented, and good communicator
- Automobile and valid WI driver’s license
- 1-2 years experience as an interpreter in the language pair
- Experience working with school districts, government agencies, healthcare providers, case managers, youth and family services, or a combination thereof
- Make your own schedule
- Competitive pay, regular wage increases
- Company-paid professional interpreter training
- Professional development opportunities
- Face-to-face interpreting appointments assigned to you when you are available.
- Virtual (phone and video) interpreting appointments enabling you to work remotely.
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations