Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a seasoned Data Engineer to design, build, and scale our modern data stack. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for creating new data pipelines, improving ETL processes, and driving integration projects. This is a full-time, remote position that reports directly to the Director of Data Engineering and works closely with the Product Analytics Manager. Your advancements to Sysdig’s data infrastructure will empower the Product Management team to understand customer adoption and use cases.
Our data stack primarily consists of Java/Python, Docker, S3, Amazon Redshift, Segment, FiveTran, dbt, and Sisense / Periscope.
What you will do
- Design and implement a robust framework for collecting and storing product metrics into our cloud warehouse
- Drive improvements to existing analytics pipelines and ETL processes
- Deliver high-quality datasets for the Analytics team, enabling them to prepare enriched and aggregated models for reporting and data science
- Collaborate with other engineers to understand the data landscape and handle changes that impact the data infrastructure.
- Serve as the main point of contact for integration projects ****
What you will bring with you
- 3+ years of experience working with modern data warehouses and ETL tools. Bonus points for any experience with Amazon Redshift, Segment, Fivetran, or dbt.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical degree/experience
- Applied knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Golang, etc)
- Familiarity with batch/stream processing data pipelines
- Experience writing production code, debugging and deciphering code written by others
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve technical blockers, minimizing the impact of dependencies
- Ability to write long-lasting, efficient code for other engineers to work with
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools ( ) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth
Sysdig focuses on Internet, Cloud Computing, Analytics, Open Source, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, Raleigh, Milan, and Belgrade. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Sysdig has raised $191.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.
You can view their website ator find them on , , , and .