Graphics Production Designer 🔥
This is Spiro, the brand experience agency for the NEW NOW.
We are a community of global event professionals, born from the amazing work and legacy of GES corporate accounts and events, who have combined all of the talent and passions of brand experiences we’ve created in the past, to embrace and be empowered by the NEW NOW.
We are a community of global strategists, thinkers, dreamers, creators, producers, innovators, builders, branders, marketers, technologists, logistics experts, and ops specialists. We use creative strategy and solutions to deliver more powerful opportunities to connect and create community in a constantly changing world.
Responsible for providing preparatory technical Graphic Production services for Tradeshow and Exhibits specific to creation and execution of large format event graphic requirements. The position involves handling, rebuilding, and formatting multiple computer file types and digital media for varying final output destinations. Requires a unique blending of graphic design, digital imaging, prepress production, color correction, organization, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Prepare and produce digital files using Adobe Creative Suite to design, edit, and proof documents, which will be used for reproduction on large/grand format digital printers. Work ranges from laying out simple text documents, to the modification of complex existing customer artwork or internally supplied artwork, to designing custom graphics based on internal/external customer direction. Position involves coordination of internal and external graphic production.
- The position involves specialized tasks which often need to be carried out independently, with little direct supervision. Expected to network and collaborate with the neighboring disciplines of design, detailing, and project management to ensure that customer supplied, or internally fabricated digital media is prepared accurately.
- Preflight files, create and manipulate digital files to specifications, generate proofs, and check for quality deficiencies at all stages of prepress production
- Perform design, layout and production functions as needed
- Basic math skills (fraction to decimal conversions) and ability to read and understand CAD drawings
- Establish file type, setup, and color standards for signage
- Determine prepress requirements by reviewing work orders, studying design, content, and specifications
- Obtains layout approval by submitting completed design and layout, reviewing, and implementing change
- Experience required or willing to learn: Digital Grand and Large Format printing, laminating and various signage cutting equipment.
- Interface with internal and external partner to produce required signage
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to procure printed graphics
- Actively participate with internal customers, vendors, and graphics shop on project related requirements.
- Assist in coordinating with all departments (Client Services, various production resources, build warehouse), local and remote, to ensure correct information/ files and assets are communicated and delivered.
- 3 years Experience in Graphics Design and Production
- Graphics software application knowledge: Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
- Self-starter with independent decision-making abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent follow-up methodology
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a high-level, high-profile environment. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining Spiro are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
#LI-Remote EEO Information: Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability