Cloud Native Devops Expert 🔥
This is a full-time, 100% remote role (EU only). You want to know more about the bigger picture behind the hiring? Check outand the .
Through passion, DevOps expertise and opinionated cloud platforms (based on Kubernetes) we accelerate an. The typical customer size is anywhere between 2 to 40 developers. We are their trusted DevOps team and have long-term cooperations with our customers.
The domain-specific expertise and experience around SaaS that we’ve built up over the years is a key ingredient in our DevOps-as-a-Service offering. Due to an increasing customer base and more exciting SaaS projects, we are looking for help to grow the Expert Circle (more about that below).
Sounds like the right challenge to you?
What does your job look like?
In a way you could call this a Solution Architect role. But as always, we like to give it our own unique twist 🙃.
Together with the other Experts, you lead in shaping what we call "opinionated expertise" around SaaS, DevOps and cloud topics. In addition to working with our customers' CTO's, developers and architects, this expertise is fed by the research you do, the customer challenges you explore and the solutions you provide. You help shape the cloud-platform blueprints that we have (based on Kubernetes), feed the Platform Circle with requirement and evolve best-practices.
Existing customers depend on you for sparring, for help with designing and building new services and learning about DevOps and Cloud Native topics. Sales will rely on you to help out with finding the right path to a solution, to help make plans and to onboard new SaaS customers. The world will learn from you through workshops and other content.
What we’d love about you
- Having a consultative/guiding/curious nature
- You need to be able to figure out and understand the real WHY behind the needs and tech, and propose the best path forward
- Be opinionated on how to do cloud and DevOps things in a SaaS context, but be open to new/different ideas and be able to adjust accordingly
- Have good writing skills and the ability to communicate your expertise and solutions in clear ways
- AWS OR Azure experience is a requirement, Google Cloud is a bonus
- Experience in consulting or (solutions, application, cloud) architecting is a plus
- The more experience you have in any category that we are active in, the better. This is anything from DevOps practices, (SaaS) cloud and application architectures, containerisation, application migrations, Kubernetes, etc
- Respect, honesty and transparency are important values to us
- Excellent writing skills, both for documents and in communication
- To be professional and ready to take responsibility wherever needed
- Open mindset and willing to give AND receive feedback
- A mindset of continuous improvement: for yourself as a person and for the team your work in
- Check out this that came with this job post for more context.
- For information on working at Skyscrapers, benefits, hiring process, etc check out the .
- Want to know how we make our customer feel? Check out our .
$50,000 — $110,000/year