Devops Engineer 🔥
ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering technology and infrastructure related to Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin and more. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Here’s what you might want to know before reading on:
- Our stack is progressive and open-source and includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript.
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like , , , , and .
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Who we need
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive DevOps Engineer to work with our teams to deliver CI/CD pipelines, developer tooling and production deployments. As a DevOps Engineer at ChainSafe, you can expect to interact with a wide range of Web3 technologies. You will be expected to take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment and maintenance of systems with a strong focus on security and modularity.
- Architect infrastructure and deploy production systems
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support teams during development and release cycles
- Build tooling to reduce the overhead of deployment and monitoring
- Produce and update documentation of standards and procedures
- Provide on-demand support as needed
- Prepare disaster recovery and incident response plan for production deployments
- Implement best practices and cost optimization strategies
- At least 2 years of prior devops or otherwise relevant industry experience
- Intermediate knowledge in developing scalable & secure cloud networking architecture
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS (IAM, EC2, VPC, Security Group, Cloudwatch)
- Intermediate experience in developing in and Infrastructure-as-a-Code (IaaC) solution like Terraform and/or AWS Cloudformation
- Capable of constructing and orchestrating Docker-based infrastructure
- Very comfortable with Linux systems
- Willingness to learn and master new tooling
- Strong opinions about how to build a sensible and safe cloud environment
- Experience with backing up, provisioning & disaster recover production databases
- Experience with Kubernetes and work with micro-service architecture
- Knowledge in Git
Nice to have
- Familiarity with a variety of cloud providers (GCP, Azure, Alibaba Cloud etc)
- Understanding of blockchain or distributed systems
- Experience using Prometheus. Grafana, ELK Stack and/or other metrics tooling
- Experience with any configuration management system such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Certification from any major cloud provider
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an Agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer fast opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above all fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
Tell us who you are and learn more about us
If you are ready to join us, assemble your highlights (GitHub, portfolio, LinkedIn) and show us your best work. Get ready to have incredible conversations with passionate developers like yourself. For our team’s project highlights, explore our, , and .
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are - and why we do what we do. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices. We encourage women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.
Salary will be determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, equity, and location, as well as alignment with market data
To apply for this position, please fill out the linked application form. Please attach your CV/resume as well as a link to your Github/Gitlab profile or some other software project you have contributed to.