Interior Designer 🔥
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in three cities (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our platform is an all-in-one solution which includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
Our property team members focus on bringing our business to life at each of our buildings with a focus on execution, and resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members focus on supporting property execution and the evolution of the other areas of the platform. The non-property roles are remote-first with the option to work out of our DC or SF offices. We think in-person collaboration and bonding is extremely important, so our remote-first team members participate in quarterly in-person retreats with their teams at various locations across the U.S.
Your mission is to establish the interior design vision for Placemakr and bring this to life in an ownable and differentiated way across our portfolio of properties.
- In this role, you will partner with the Sr Director of Brand and Communications to develop and implement the interior design vision to bring the Placemakr brand to life at each property.
- You will establish and apply the design vision across various property types in different locations in different stages of development enhance the Placemakr on-site experience. This includes infusing the brand in interior design choices for existing buildings and providing design direction for future ground-up properties.
- You will create design sketches, color themes, mood boards, and ideas for each property based on building requirements, space availability, location, and of course, telemark brand.
- You will work with multiple vendors for in-unit design selection, including furniture, fixture, equipment (FF&E), materials, and finishes.
- You will help build and refine brand standards for various tiers through interior design.
- You will visit job sites to analyze space availability, design needs, and the purpose of the space.
- You will work cross-functionally on property launches, from helping to establish the design budget, managing the overall unit design, and partnering with the procurement team on item selections.
- You may consult with property developers on design recommendations for future partnership deals. When applicable, we may need you to create renderings, elevations, and presentations.
- You will create CAD designs and detailed briefs when needed for contractors.
- You will support internal teams and external vendors to implement design ideas and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have a bachelor’s degree in interior design from an accredited school.
- You’ve done this before. In your 5-10 years as a designer, you have developed a portfolio of work that showcases your skills. Bonus if you have experience inhospitality or multifamily apartments.
- You have expertise in layout, color, lighting, materials selection, custom furniture, etc.
- You’re a whiz in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign with experience in Revit, 3D Max, and AutoCAD.
- You’re curious. You constantly examine the latest trends in interior and brand design.
- You’re passionate about building brands and experiences through design.
- You’re innovative and bold. You constantly push the boundaries for design.
- You have a strong eye for visual composition and the ability to concept different design aesthetics.
- You are detail-oriented, have time management skills, and can meet deadlines.
- You know how to balance budget tradeoffs and get creative to execute a design vision within budget constraints.
- You’re an excellent communicator, able to translate the ambiguous into practical (e.g., what emotions your design choices should evoke).
- You’re able to give and receive feedback in a highly collaborative environment.
- You’re an agile and creative problem solver.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Performance Bonuses
- Generous Stock Options
- 401k + 4% employer matching program
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties
- Life Insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Remote-first policy
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.