Technical Program Manager 🔥
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Technical Program Manager at Kandji, you are responsible for ensuring that engineering teams achieve success when striving to complete ambitious projects. You’ll own the execution of strategic and impactful projects and initiatives across the Engineering organization to help us meet our goals. We’re looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience running large/cross-team projects and programs, expertise in stakeholder management, and the ability to quickly and creatively solve problems and unblock teams. You’ll need to engage deeply with engineering leadership to understand and present the tradeoffs required to deliver commitments against firm deadlines.
The role will be centralized within our growing R&D Operations team and will partner with our product and engineering teams to help and support our product delivery strategy, establish effective communication processes, build a strong collaboration with cross-functional partners across the org, and ultimately drive execution towards the organization’s goals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business and have the ability to help build the sustainable practices that lead to a successful team.
Day to Day
- Act as the point of contact and interface to engineering teams and business partners for strategic initiatives and feature development.
- Conduct project planning, strategic alignment, and drive decision-making across multiple teams.
- Identify areas of improvement and be able to design repeatable processes to help teams work efficiently.
- Leverage diverse skillsets to deliver and guide decision-making without authority. Provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, and timelines of projects against targeted deadlines.
- Build clear and transparent communication channels to align internal stakeholders and ensure that relevant audiences receive accurate updates on programs and projects.
- Collaborate with peers to design and implement standardized processes that help ensure consistency across the organization.
- Develop and execute strategies to improve engineering processes and sustainability across the company.
- Manage the release of crucial engineering projects to internal customers in a regular cadence. Be a servant leader to multiple scrum teams and facilitate scrum ceremonies (daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and retrospectives).
- Collaborate with product managers on vision and roadmap to understand planning and help prioritize the most valuable product backlog items in terms of immediate business value.
- Develop automation tools, reports, and dashboards to capture team data and metrics that show sprint progress, planned vs unplanned, cycle time, burndown, capacity planning, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years overall experience as a technical program manager in an engineering organization.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM).Very experienced working in JIRA (advanced use of dashboards, labels, components, epic structure, etc.)
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and lead technical teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
- A diverse technical insight allows you to proactively identify challenges and risks, work closely with engineers and product managers to address challenges, and form mitigation plans.
- You can effectively communicate complex technical plans to a non-technical audience.
- You can bring order to a complex situation with various stakeholders approaching a strategic problem in different ways.
- Exercise technical judgment to keep goals attainable within a given timeline.
- Hands-on experience in managing software development projects, preferably from inception to production.
- Experience working in agile/scrum environments such as facilitating daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- 20 days PTO + 1 week shut down for the first week of August
- 14 paid holidays per year
- 10 sick/wellness days per year
- Equity for full-time employees
- $1,000 virtual card for comfortable remote working equipment
- 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Cell phone & Internet stipend
- Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
- New Macbook Pro and software setup
- Exciting opportunities for career growth
- An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.